- Vehicle Title Search for Dad's Old Bike?? -

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warp12

Reaction score
This is probably a super-duper-longshot. I figured someone here might be pretty familiar with title searches on vehicles, so I thought I would ask.

I wonder if it would somehow be possible to find out the VIN # of the first V-Max that my father bought in 1985? I don't have the VIN, but of course I do know my fathers name, and I know that it was titled in either MD or VA. I am just interested in what happened to that old '85.

Anyway, dad is gone now, and I don't have any other records. I know I could possibly check the old dealership he bought it at, but I know that is a long shot too. Anyway, I know it is probably unlikely to dig up the info....but I know nothing about these things, so I thought I would ask. Thanks in advance!

You should be able to go into your local tag office and request a history search. In Ks they can't do it while you wait but you can fill out a form and pay a minimal fee to have them do the research. I think they can search based on VIN OR name.

Sean

I can see a great story in the works:clapping:

I called the bike shop where he bought the bike new. They think they might have the information! It would at least be interesting to find out whatever happened to that bike! :)

Back