Velocity Stacks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MONTREALMAX

Reaction score
Hello....While attending the Canadian Superbike finals today in Shannonville Ontario, I saw a (built 12/99) year 2000 Vmax carbon in the parking lot pulling a small trailer. It had some very tasteful mods on it and I stopped to take a look. In place of the diaphragm covers there seemed to be some sort of velocity stack there.....I wish I had taken a photo.....does anyone know what these are and what is their purpose? Are they decoration only? The rest of the carbs seemed to be stock from what i could see

Fellow Maxer's who are in the area (north east USA Canada)...we should try to meet one year at the races in Shannonville they have a bike parking along the main entrance and 20 max's in a row would be neat to see!!! Shannonville is a great track !! you can see just about the whole track from the grandstands....just a thought

If they are stock carbs, they are for looks only.

Hello....While attending the Canadian Superbike finals today in Shannonville Ontario, I saw a (built 12/99) year 2000 Vmax carbon in the parking lot pulling a small trailer. It had some very tasteful mods on it and I stopped to take a look. In place of the diaphragm covers there seemed to be some sort of velocity stack there.....I wish I had taken a photo.....does anyone know what these are and what is their purpose? Are they decoration only? The rest of the carbs seemed to be stock from what i could see.

Hey MM, If the stax looked like these, they are from Exactrep in the UK. They serve no purpose other than looks. Easy to install they fit right over the stock carb covers by removing 2 of the 4 machine screws and bolting them right on.

danny

Attachments

• Max by the pool.jpg
    Max by the pool.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 70
ok thanks I thought they looked faux intake like but they looked good on the black carbon model

they could be the vgas system which sounds and performs awesome

Might as well dig up an old thread here...

What does Vgas do? I love the look of those velocity stacks, and I know you can get them for looks only, but what is this vgas?
________
drug testing

Last edited:
ha ha

They just look awesome! But I could buy *a lot* with 2k.
Plus I think the Vmax is fast enough as is :p

I agree, they are plenty fast enough just the way they are! :clapping:

But the velocity stax WILL make your bike go faster!! Just get a set, put them on and go cruising through the streets of Toronto some warm evening when everybody's out on the street, checking out your bike.....then tell me that your bike isn't faster!! :rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back