Vent: Just want to give a shout out to FedEx for SCREWING UP MY TIRE ORDER!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
Yeah that's right.... my front ME880 from mawonline.com was delivered yesterday, to somebody, not me. Way to go FedEx, the world not on time.

Where is HobeJam? He knows my pain, something like this happened to him awhile back....

I have to say, UPS has not once screwed up a delivery to me... I've had nothing but bad luck with FedEx... they are always doing crap like this, trying to deliver a package at odd hours of the day when I am never home to receive it... not allowing me to pick up the package at a local facility, etc....

Anyway, so FedEx says they reserve the right to have 72hrs to fix the problem and that they will not call me about it - I have to call them for updates. I call mawonline and they just say they will file a claim. I know it's not their fault - maw shipped to the right address.

:bang head:

Sorry to hear that. UPS has been very reliable for me in the past....never used FedEx before.

I am having a similar issue with the USPS right now on a memory card they delivered. Somebody got a nice new 8g memory card, but it wasn't me.

FedEx is different than UPS in that the locals are franchised out. I bought exhaust for my new car and the guy delivered it in a late model Chevy truck as his delivery van had broken down. That impressed me actually.

UPS has let me/us here at work down. If you think about how many packages they deal with it's probably a really low rate of failure.

Sorry to hear about your issue though.

When I come home from work last night there was a fed ex package sitting on the table on my patio. Didn't have my name or my address on it. I saw it was shipped from some sort of medical center and opened it to find somebodys medicine..... Since there was no phone # for the guy who was supposed to get it, I called the place it came from. After having my call transferred about 7 times or so, someone finally said they could help. I gave them the info on the package, they gave me the guys phone #. I called the guy and he lived fairly close so he stopped over to pick it up. I don't know what kind of medicine it was but if my life depended on taking it I sure as hell wouldn't be waiting on them to bring it to me!

They all screw up. UPS destroyed a package ( a very expensive lab scale) that I wrapped with enough bubblewrap and foam peanuts in an over sized box to survive almost anything. Had huge red "FRAGILE" stickers on each side. The recipient said it looked like they drug it behind the truck all the way from Texas to Ohio. TG it was insured even though it was a hassle to get anything done about it with UPS. Never used Fed Ex and have had a few problems with the USPS (in hundreds of shipments).

I have had MORE than my share of problems/losses when shipping via FedEx and USPS. I stick faithfully to UPS from now on and have yet to be let down. GO BROWN!

I gotta say so far all my UPS shipments from bikebandit and other ebay vendors have been on time and intact.
That included two sets of bike tires!

When I come home from work last night there was a fed ex package sitting on the table on my patio. Didn't have my name or my address on it. I saw it was shipped from some sort of medical center and opened it to find somebodys medicine..... Since there was no phone # for the guy who was supposed to get it, I called the place it came from. After having my call transferred about 7 times or so, someone finally said they could help. I gave them the info on the package, they gave me the guys phone #. I called the guy and he lived fairly close so he stopped over to pick it up. I don't know what kind of medicine it was but if my life depended on taking it I sure as hell wouldn't be waiting on them to bring it to me!

Very decent of you mab, to go the extra yard for someone you don't even know. Too many ppl in this country would say F-it, it ain't mine, I'm sick of being jerked around on the phone, and chuck it into the nearest dumpster.

Good for you, man!! :thumbs up:

I've been in the situation too many times. I order all the materials for our civil and electrical construction crews at work. I try to have all parts on hand before they mobilize out to a project (usually 3-4 hrs away from our shop). Sometimes its unavoidable and have to express ship stuff to the job location or a hotel. I would say 80% of the time it goes OK but sometimes my stuff gets lost and I scramble to figure out whats going on. Too many times the answer is "It SHOULD be there, our tracking system shows....". Only to get it 5 days late cause it was sent to the wrong place by others. NO FUN AT ALL.

I know this doesnt fix the problem of your missing tire

But in order to get an item when your not at home..

When you place the order you can add a comment

No signature required upon delivery.......

Hang on I here the door bell... hell its fed ex.. and they have a motorcycle tire..:clapping:

I've had really good luck with UPS. I don't remember them screwing up.

FedEx.... well... they delivered my tire to the local Chevy dealership. Good job FedEx driver, way to read the label on the tire THAT CLEARLY STATES MY CORRECT NAME AND ADDRESS!

:bang head:

The good news is I tracked it down and after some haggling, I now have a brand new ME880 just waiting for me to set aside the time to work on the front end.... We are going to have a low of around 22f with snow this weekend, so it looks like I'll have some time...

UPS was the culprit in my case. Supposedly delivered a set of Progressive front springs to my house (while I was there, in the front yard, doing yard work) that never showed up. J&P Cycles was good enough to send me another set and take up the issue with UPS.

Never heard from either one again regarding the outcome and was not charged twice for the springs...

Latest posts

Back