Venture heated clothing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Anyone use it? My wife got me the higher end gloves for Xmas. I am looking at the jacket liner and possibly the pants as well. I like the way it all integrates together.

venture_heat12_v_heated_grand_touring_gloves_black_detail.jpg

venture_heat12_v_heated_grand_touring_gloves_black_detail.jpg

My only problem is my wife got large size and according to the measurement it looks like I need xl size. I usually wear xl in most gloves. These feel a little tight, but not bad. But I would rather be really comfortable. So I might ahve to see about getting the xl's.

Todd

Gloves usually stretch a little. I would rather have tight than loose due to better control and feel.

On the flip side, being outdoors in Alaska has convinced me that too tight is way worse then too loose when it comes to staying warm. It allows heat to escape when the layers are to tight. Since these are heated I guess it comes down to wither the coverage of the element can handle the cooling effect of wind over your gloves and if the glove I so tight as to be binding.

I've heard you don't want these super tight because it can pull on the heating elements and expose them and burn you after time. On normal riding gloves I do like them a little tight though but with my big ol mitts its pretty hard to find any that fit loose anyway lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Gloves usually stretch a little. I would rather have tight than loose due to better control and feel.

On the flip side, being outdoors in Alaska has convinced me that too tight is way worse then too loose when it comes to staying warm. It allows heat to escape when the layers are to tight. Since these are heated I guess it comes down to wither the coverage of the element can handle the cooling effect of wind over your gloves and if the glove I so tight as to be binding.

+1 and +1, Gloves do stretch a little and I would rather a snugger glove for better feel of the controls but from knowledge from living in a northern climate dictates that a looser fitting glove will provide the longest lasting warmth.
This is where the technology from the gloves and an added adjustable grip heater would allow to extend riding into very cold temps and would allow for tighter fitting gloves. Go looser with the jacket, pants and boots with the heated gear which will provide all day riding comfort. You may want to consult your snowmobiler friends for some cold weather tips for staying warm.
I will ride in colder temps but for the most part here in the U.P. the crossover from warm enough riding temps to having the local road commissions laying down slick/ corrosive sand/ salt mixture is usually short so I don't mess with anything heavier than lightly insulated goretex gauntlet gloves and long johns couples with my jacket liner.

well we sent them back for XL's. I know they will feel better. You know when you put something on and your like...they just don't feel right. Well thats how these felt. I know the XL's will be the trick.

Todd

Back