Venture max ignition

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Euro128

Reaction score
I have a 1300 royal Star venture block and pistons combined with vmax heads and cams that is now in my 2002 vmax. It took lots of customization and lots of back and forth to get it right. Question now is on the ignitech program I’m running stock vmax map. Runs pretty good but I want to mess with the timing could I run curve #2 from the vmax with no issues or do I have to start from scratch and make a new map for the 1300 Frankenstein engine? 6380BCEB-77F4-4FC8-A1E3-0962BCBC3D2A.jpeg

If it were me, I'd stay close to stock settings. Eric will most likely chime in when he see this, as he has done a lot of dyno testing with advance curves. I believe number two curve used on the Dynatec module was the most effective. Too much on the top end is taking a chance. I've brought mine in a little quicker, but didn't notice much difference on the seat dyno. There should be some info in the archives on the Ignatec.

Looks great with the blacked out covers though I think the chrome would have looked good too. The curve Eric setup should be about as good as you can get with the setup you have for now.

If it were me, I'd stay close to stock settings. Eric will most likely chime in when he see this, as he has done a lot of dyno testing with advance curves. I believe number two curve used on the Dynatec module was the most effective. Too much on the top end is taking a chance. I've brought mine in a little quicker, but didn't notice much difference on the seat dyno. There should be some info in the archives on the Ignatec.
Eric left the board but I can still get in touch with Him if needed.

Last edited:
What is year of engine block?
I believe it's a 96-up Royal Star. Here's the setup before shipping to him (which required additional work to get the electrical working). 86-93 Venture 1300 pistons, 85-07 Vmax heads/cams.

Attachments

• bikepics-1427532-full.jpg
    bikepics-1427532-full.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 36
  • bikepics-1427534-full.jpg
    bikepics-1427534-full.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 34
Just curious, but why the change in pistons? Are they different?
The RS pistons are way lower in compression. If you are going a turbo or blower route they might work well. Here's the comparison pics.

Attachments

• Piston Comparison.jpg
    Piston Comparison.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 38
Also the venture pistons are flat vs domed Vmax. Depending on who you talk to you could say you get a more complete burn with flat top

I took my venture max to the drag strip for the first time. I did pretty well I think for my first time ever. I started with a 9 second 1/8 mile with a 2.5 60 ft. End of the night I was at 7.5 2.1 60ft. How do I get my 60 ft time down I’m a little timid of letting the clutch out really fast just need some pointers. It’s not a stock vmax by any means I feel like I should be in the low 7s high 6s with a 60ft of atleast 1.7

Latest posts

Back