venture motor for my vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so it seems a previous owner ran water without rust inhibitor in my bike somI need a new motor. Cant find a vmax motor in Australia but have found a venture motor. Is this the answer to getting me back on the road or is the venture motor too different internally to be of any worth to me?:ummm:

Ar you friends with Biggeth Dicketh?Just asking or MONTY pYTHON FAN?Anyway .I have an engine you might be interested in.I will PM you my number.Cheers Kevman.

Ideally you want an 86-93 Venture 1300 block. Will work great. Use your Vmax heads/cams, shift shaft and other small misc and covers.

Ideally you want an 86-93 Venture 1300 block. Will work great. Use your Vmax heads/cams, shift shaft and other small misc and covers.

Thanks Sean. This all started when I discovered that the coolant outlet barb on the rear head had corroded down to nothing so I really need a complete motor. I'll see what kevman has to offer first.

100 extra CCs and a couple different gear ratios, or maybe just 5th. I would prefer a Venture block for my Vmax just to get that more cruise friendly 5th gear. I would probably use the Venture final drive as well because I do so much open road. I own and ride an 89 1300 Venture and I feel like the gears are perfect for the V4 if there is a decent % of highway use but I find the stock Vmax gearing leave it feeling high strung on the open road, I'm always looking for a 6th gear.

I researched it at one time and I believe the extra 100cc could get you an extra 10hp or so at the crank with no other changes (with the Vmax top end). Sean may know more specifics, I think he has some experience with Vmax headed Ventures blocks.

I have a set of Vmax heads/cams/intakes that I am/was planning to put on my Venture.

Approx 8-10% power increase if you do nothing but enlarge the bore (which is what the 1300 block with Vmax Heads/Cams would do). The gearing in the 1300 ventures is very very similar but the rear diff is 10% higher (lower numerically) so less buzzy feeling on the highway. We've got other trans gearing options but require engine to be split to install.

Back