Venture & VMax Engine Serial Numbers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCCRUISER

Reaction score
My service manual indicates prefixes of 2WE, 2WF and 2EN for engine serial numbers for the Max for US, CA and Europe respectively. I am looking at a Max that supposedly has a Venture engine, but I need to know the engine serial number prefixes in order to verify.

Lemme look at my spare bike 2moro - it has a Venture motor so I should be able to verify.

BTW, where's the engine # stamp - anyone knows?

i was curious after reading this as to the origin of my 85 but MY engine cast number preffix is 1FK-,does this mean anything???

ok I found a chart reading off the meanings of the preffix on each block.1FK- was specific to 1985 V-Max's built in 1985 in the U.S.(not including Ca)...

Oh,and Naughty G the number is on a raised area on the block just behind the rear left cylinder,cant miss it.

I have an 1300cc venture block and its says 1NL

(edited)
Also i have two "V-MAX" bad blocks, one from 85 with 1FK and one from 99 with 2WE.

Last edited:
Don't know about Venture but it is a Vmax.

This will help.

Attachments

• Engine.doc
    30 KB · Views: 178
Here you go. This casting number is located under/above the starter so not real easy to see when the starter in place in the bike.

Sean

Attachments

• 1200 Casting numbers.jpg
    1200 Casting numbers.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 1300 Casting numbers.jpg
    1300 Casting numbers.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 98
Here you go. This casting number is located under/above the starter so not real easy to see when the starter in place in the bike.

Sean

Sean, you are always THE MAN when it comes to stuff like this. :clapping:With a few contortions, a toothbrush to clean the casting boss and a bright flashlight, I was actually able to find it on my own bike. It is hard to find and see, but it is viewable. I will take a look at the other bike tomorrow. THANKS!

SAVED me close to 3 grand! Turns out the Max has the 1200 engine, not the 1300 listed on the DECAL under the cover. I don't think the current owner was trying to pull something, but I think someone pulled something on the original buyer. On top of that, it was running awful and still wouldn't hold idle without choke.

I also have a motor question. The serial number on my 1986 is 1UR000168. Does anyone know what that tells me? Also there are two maybe quarter in castings on the case and it looks like it has engraved on in 96 \ 99. Any idea what that is?

The bike does have the emissions system on it but I'm curious. You say it's 1983 model motor but Vmax first year is 1985. How does that work? The title shows it spent it's first part of it's life in Nevada before it made it's way to Florida in 2016. I'm the third owner.

Back