Vertical Stand for Gen II

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Carnegie

Reaction score
After dreaming about being an owner since 1985, I finally got a Vmax of my own about 1 month ago. I would like to have some method of vertically standing my 2019 Gen II Vmax for oil changes and other maintenance. The weight of the bike makes me nervous about experimenting so I am looking for advice on methods other owners have used successfully to stand a Gen II vertically.

Thanks! That’s just what I need.

Is it possible to put a bike on one of these single handed or is it a two person job?

Thanks! That’s just what I need.

Is it possible to put a bike on one of these single handed or is it a two person job?

It can be a little nerve wracking doing it by yourself the first few times. If you screw up there is no way keep the bike from falling because of the position you are in.

I currently use this one.

https://www.t-rex-racing.com/Black-Rear-V-Stand-Vmax-p/blackvrearstandvmax.htm

It is possible to do it one handed. Putting it on the lift isn't bad, taking it down can be a little bit nerve racking, but seeing this video helped. I have the side stand down, and stand off to the side, have the bike in gear, and then have my left hand on the passenger seat to guide the bike to the left.

I tried to get a Pitbull, but the long shipping duration sucked.
So today, I used a Cutoff Tool to cut my Cycle Gear Rear stand, added 2x 4" Black Pipe Nipplings in 1" Dia. Added a T-Coupler to have a lever for lifting plus a 18" Black Pipe as lever.
Tomorrow will screw everything together and and probably weld it, now it fits the VMax... :)

It can be a little nerve wracking doing it by yourself the first few times. If you screw up there is no way keep the bike from falling because of the position you are in.

I always put my Gen1 on the center stand. It was nearly a religous habit and I wish the Gen2 had one.

This video seems to be the answer for work at home. How did it lift the front forks? Swing arm bolts in the front?
I must be missing something simple.

You have two choices for the front, spools like the back but on the forks instead of the swing arm. Or you can get a steering head lift which is better overall, because if you ever want to remove the forks you can do it with a steering head lift.

It's too bad that there isn't something that would go in the open hole on the left side axl as then it wouldn't involve installing anything.

Traumhawk,

How does the bike balance, attach, connect to the stand? I am sure it can handle the weight but I am seeing an accident waiting to happen.

Don

north_omaha_cat_lady
Any idea how much K&L is charging for the Plate and Fat Jack? The website says to call for pricing.

Around $100 for the adapter plate. The K&L jacks are expensive, I bought a flat screw type jack on ebay for about $75.

It's designed to work with the stock exaust and will also work with any pipe that can use stock mufflers. It may work on others as well but i don't know for sure.

Here is what my setup looked like. Very stable.

max jack.jpg
max jack 2.jpg

Traumhawk,

How does the bike balance, attach, connect to the stand? I am sure it can handle the weight but I am seeing an accident waiting to happen.

Don
Its wide enough that it's never been an issue. As with most things there are safety warning labels and signs on everything because companies have to placate to the lowest common denominator. Just make certain that the lift is centered. Usually I just lift either the front half or the back half of the bike but there is no reason you cant do the whole bike.

north_omaha_cat_lady

Around $100 for the adapter plate. The K&L jacks are expensive, I bought a flat screw type jack on ebay for about $75.

It's designed to work with the stock exaust and will also work with any pipe that can use stock mufflers. It may work on others as well but i don't know for sure.

Here is what my setup looked like. Very stable.

View attachment 72703
View attachment 72705

Those tips were from the Yamaha Accessories catalog. Unfortunately they are long discontinued. I had almost every billet part from that catalog, they really dressed up the bike nicely.

On my current bike I have all of the carbon fiber parts, which of course are no longer available as well. If you want to see someone ultra nervous about their bike falling over.....that's me. 😧

Attachments

• YAMAHA VMAX ACCESSORIES.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
Those tips were from the Yamaha Accessories catalog. Unfortunately they are long discontinued. I had almost every billet part from that catalog, they really dressed up the bike nicely.

On my current bike I have all of the carbon fiber parts, which of course are no longer available as well. If you want to see someone ultra nervous about their bike falling over.....that's me. 😧

Guess what happened to me last weekend? ;)

Back