Vertical Stand for Gen II

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not my fault, but besides a scratch on the bar end, nothing happened.
Saddlebags were really good as buffer

Those tips were from the Yamaha Accessories catalog. Unfortunately they are long discontinued. I had almost every billet part from that catalog, they really dressed up the bike nicely.

On my current bike I have all of the carbon fiber parts, which of course are no longer available as well. If you want to see someone ultra nervous about their bike falling over.....that's me. 😧

Ok now I see where some of the stuff I’ve seen in photos comes from. I guess I came late to the party so I missed out. I love my max but the tailpipes have a slightly incomplete look.

Hach, I do understand each and every single word in the Video ... what a relieve
My German skills are poor to non existent. What did they say?

It is a very elegant stand but not cheap. I bought a Pit Bull and Swing Arm Spools for the Gen2 but this one is much nicer and compact when the lever arm is removed.

I have a Cycle Cat UCS1 stand that I use for lifting the rear of the Vmax. The stand works such that it goes under the swingarm spools when the bike is on its side, and when you push the lever to lift the bike, it lifts it into the fully-vertical position. Product Review: The UCS1 Cycle Stand from Cycle Cat | Dragbike.com Unfortunately, I bought it about 15 years ago, and Cycle Cat has been gone since nearly that long.

For the front, I use a stand that goes into the steering head. Stands that go under the fork bottoms are crappy and I don't trust them; the steering-head lift is solid and reliable.

Does anyone build a version of the paddock stand using a bottle jack and foot pedal like the ATV/Motorcycle lifts? It would sit behind the front or rear tire, lift on aftermarket 6 mm spools, and give you adjustable heights. The quick stands are fixed height. If you all ready have a lift, a refit kit would be nice to use the lift either under the bike or lift the from front/rear spools.

Yeah, I have one of those. I’m just not confident of its ability to hold up a bike as heavy as the vmax.
They work fine. It's normally racers who use them. The VMX17 version is built wider and specifically for our beloved 2nd Gens. It is not a lift, it is a trailer restraint. Just stops it from moving and allows you to put more bikes in the trailer because you don't have straps and wheelchocks sticking out everywhere.

Attachments

• yamaha lift adapter 5.png
    yamaha lift adapter 5.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 18
Hi Sean were you talking about this MC450 PLATE FOR 09 VMAX If you have one send me the price

Looks like they are out of stock. From K&L Supply's website:

"Enter an email address below and we'll notify you when we receive more inventory for this product:

MC450 PLATE FOR 09 VMAX
SKU: 37-7345"

K&L Supply Co.

K&L SUPPLY COMPANY - MC450 PLATE FOR 09 VMAX
That was some time ago but you can email me at [email protected] and I can check to see if I have a spare here (I had 2 at one point in time and usually keep one here just in case)

Latest posts

Back