Very Good article on tires....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do question the rating system though. I see the chatter on the tires and wonder if the guy didnt have his suspension setup properly. He dives into the corner and one set of tires feels better so he stays hard. He dives into the corner on another set and it feels loose and he goes limp......

I rode the Verge , Pilots 2 and 3 last year and I was impressed with the Verge myself. I got good mileage out of them ( 5500 tops and around 4500 ish on the P3's if I recall correctly ).

For the price and what I do the Verge fill the bill. I got a set from the bike this week, $195 shipped to my door , both front and rear....

For the price and what I do the Verge fill the bill. I got a set from the bike this week, $195 shipped to my door , both front and rear....

+1

I use the Verge 011 on my Gen 2. They are not real linear feeling when increasing lean in a turn. I've pretty much gotten used to it.

They grip great though and are CHEAP. I can put a new set on every year even though I not racking up that many mikes.

Pretty good article and with the tyres I've used would agree with their assessment.

I run Q3's on my sportsbike and they are great. Warm up quickly and grip well for a road/track tyre and they last about two track days.

The Pirelli's grip is another step up again. Very confidence inspiring and a great track tyre.

Metzeler's have always been good (aren't Pirelli and Metzeler from the same factory?). I had the M5 on my Speed Triple and they suited that bike well. Not super fast turn in but dependable, predictable and grip very well. They lasted a while too...

Haven't had the confidence to try Shinko so far, especially when the equivalent Dunlop/Pirelli etc can be bought for near the same price. When I think of Shinko I think of Maxxis tyres. My experience with them was losing 4 seconds a lap on my motard and zero confidence in the front......sorry Shinko lol

Michelin I won't go near after crashing two bikes without warning, lowsiding one and losing the front on another. Zero feedback from the tyre and both times I didn't think I was near the limit.

Back