vibration

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavgrab302

Reaction score
I've had a vibration for a while now, didn't happen suddenly but started some time since I've gotten my metzler and my marks exhuast. It has a small vibration around 45-65 in fitfh and/or around 4000rpm, it's avibration that tickles your ass and makes your hands itch...lol when feeling around the bike if you touch lightly on the front blinkers or bars ends you can feel it. I've had the tire balance checked twice by two different shops, I've checked the uni joints. I'm feeling like it's my marks exhuast but even after I noticed the cans touching the aluminum mounts and fixed it so it seperated by the rubber insert it's the same. Any ideas or does the 4-2 marks cause a small vibration from the exhuast around 3500-4000rpm?

i have one too but pretty sure its caused by solid motor mounts. do u have those?

I have solid motor mounts and a Marks exhaust and no vibe up to 4000 RPM.

As I climb north of 4500 I start to see the vibe in my mirrors and feel it in the handlebars.
By 5000, I can't tell if that is a police car or a Semi behind me.

By 6000 the V-Boost starts to open and everything.....everything tends to get a bit blurry :rocket bike:

I put the SMM on mine too, but I have both Ricor Vibranators and bar end weights, and the vibes never get bad enough to do anything to my (OEM) mirrors.

A recommended combination, AFAIC.

<Hijack> Just got a set of HEAVY bar end weights from Tom at COO(~1lb each). Haven't installed them yet. I also plan on filling the handlebar with lead shot to damp everything out. </Hijack>

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.....

sounds like it hitting just the right spot to make a harmonic, suggestion is drive at higher rpm to get past that spot if its the worst there. maybe the tingling in the hands is just excitement in your skin lol.

I have solid motor mounts and a Marks exhaust and no vibe up to 4000 RPM.

As I climb north of 4500 I start to see the vibe in my mirrors and feel it in the handlebars.
By 5000, I can't tell if that is a police car or a Semi behind me.

By 6000 the V-Boost starts to open and everything.....everything tends to get a bit blurry :rocket bike:

Great.. Is that whats in store for me when I finally install my solid motor mounts?

The issues with solid mounts seem hit and miss. I hear a few guys complain and say that the vibes are real annoying and some say they don't really notice the difference.

I put a set of venture aluminum mounts in over the winter. I typically ride the backroads and when doing that I don't notice the vibes. When I do get out on the highway I notice a bit of tingling in my hands but it takes a long time and the bike is ready for gas by then.

So far, I have no regrets with mine.

Other than the mirrors, I don't really notice the vibes all that much. What I do notice is that the bike does not wallow nearly as much in the corners.

I think the added mass in my handlebars should take care of any "buzz" that comes from the mounts.

On the other end of the rider, the ol "ass-o-meter" has not noticed any change at all.

Great.. Is that whats in store for me when I finally install my solid motor mounts?
I have the delrin solid motor mounts and have only noticed increased vibes at around 5k (+/- 200 rpm's) which I can still see there's something in the mirror but too blurry to tell if it is a Charger or Crown Vic. If I had a second Vmax I would do the solid MM to it as well.
It has taken a lot of the "hinge" out but the wallow is still there so maybe a braced s/a will help some. I wanted to p/c the s/a and pumpkin anyways this winter.

Yeah I don't have solid mounts. I do have bar ends but they are more for cosmetic and not weighted. Tugla mentioned harmonic vibrations thats kinda what I was thinking it was. But as I first said I have tried putting rubber washers between the cans to mount and mount to bike seems it helps a little. I can live with the vibration but it is annoying. what ever it is it's diffinately linked to the rpms of the bike.

If the vibe is a harmonic, then it will be bad in or around a particular RPM, but above or below that range, things should smooth out.

If it is simply engine vibration then it will steadily increase with revs.

yeah, thats why I fgiure it's the exhaust it only does it around 4000 rpm, and most noticeable in fitfh I guess cause I spend most my time in that gear, if it were the engine I would think it would get worse with higher revs but it flattens out.

Latest posts

Back