Video 25.15 sec. crank treatment with steel balls?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamV4

Reaction score
25 min. 15 sec shooting cranks with steel balls.

The process is called shot peening and done to create a dense outer layer as well as a stress relief. We do this same process one some of the aircraft parts we build at my day job.

I believe the process with the steel balls is called "shot peening"? I am impressed that these guys are machining the old school way without CAM.

I believe the process with the steel balls is called "shot peening"? I am impressed that these guys are machining the old school way without CAM.
My machinist does it the old-fashioned way. No CNC.

I watched this the other day and it's darn interesting to see the work they are getting done. I'm also amazed that no one was injured, belt drives with no guards sticking out into a walkway. There are a couple channels that feature these repair and build videos from where I'm assuming is Pakistan? There's one where they rebuild a CAT motor out in the yard.

The process is called shot peening and done to create a dense outer layer as well as a stress relief. We do this same process one some of the aircraft parts we build at my day job.
You have a day job?

Sorry to hear that. I had assumed that the VMAX nuts around the world kept you busy 24/7.

You have a day job?

Sorry to hear that. I had assumed that the VMAX nuts around the world kept you busy 24/7.
They would if I let them lol. But, they can't keep the Boeing wide bodies going through production without me lol.

Latest posts

Back