Video of new UFO exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Vid is courtesy of Tim at vmaxguru.com

watch

Sounds pretty nice! :punk:

THAT is just outrageous! Can't wait to see the dyno runs..

Don't think you wanna get stopped by your average state trooper with this one on though lol

I can't say I like it. Not for the reasons others may think though.

I would rather it be less raspy. A lower rumble is what I like. The rasp makes it sound like the baffle is loose.:confused2:

Chris

The head pipes look good but that canister sounds bad - a good carbon can would more than likely sound much better - needs a deeper sound IMO

Mike

The Dragstar 4-1 for Gen 1 sounded bad too. Chris from Kansas had it at the Topeka event.

Glad to see something being built for the new Max. Probably sounds nasty in person.

What was up with the paper towel test? :ummm: LOL! :biglaugh:

G Man

I can't say I like it. Not for the reasons others may think though.

I would rather it be less raspy. A lower rumble is what I like. The rasp makes it sound like the baffle is loose.:confused2:

Chris

Ditto,.....Low rumble like thunder in the distance,......stealthy till you rip the throttle and unleash the hounds of hell.....

The Dragstar 4-1 for Gen 1 sounded bad too. Chris from Kansas had it at the Topeka event.

Agreed!

LOUDer than $HIT isn't always the best, especially with all the sound ordinances.

My town wouldn't allow an exhaust like that.

I would wait to see what Yosh comes up with. Their TRS can would look the shiznit on the new max.

Attachments

• TRS can.jpg
    TRS can.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 7
I've shortened up one of those for a local guy. Looked good shorter.

Here's an update from Tim on the UFO system with a dyno run. See the attachments for the dynos

192.7 HP, 130 ft lbs with a stock air filter!

Attachments

• Drag_Star_Prelim_SAE.jpg
    Drag_Star_Prelim_SAE.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Drag_Star_Prelim_UNC.jpg
    Drag_Star_Prelim_UNC.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
That's ALSO with the race ECU!

Stock and K&N drop in won't yield much. I've never seen a huge gain anyway.

Looks like 130 to me too.

Other than the obnoxious sound this proves that 200hp on the ground should be obtainable with a pipe and ecu change I would think.

That's ALSO with the race ECU!

Stock and K&N drop in won't yield much. I've never seen a huge gain anyway.

Looks like 130 to me too.

Green line represents ufo exhaust with fuel module installed

Purple line represents stock exhaust with race ecu

Nearly 15 HP and over 16 lb/ft TQ is an impressive midrange gain. Looks like a nice increase in power from 3K rpm all the way up.

Gotta admit, the #'s look good.

Back