Video: running with Ford Focus coils and bulbs as resistors.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamV4

Reaction score
Engine was running for about 5 min. OK, it started popping in last 30 sec. or so, possibly out of gas.(hopefully)
Is the headlight from Gen2?
Mix screws 2.5 out

Some disconnected wires in under seat area, taillight?. $10 fuel pump.
this is 1 min video,

3 min. video

Last edited:
The headlight is aftermarket. Not a Gen 2. Gen 2 buckets only have 1 bulb. Pause on second 5, you can clearly see 2 bulbs.

As for the lightbulb resistors....get come colored bulbs of your choice for a wicked underglow kit.

Lastly, congrats man. Hopefully your fixes allow you fun on your machine.

Is it ever other than just idling? I watched the 'long' version about 2/3-thru, and it's only idling. Maybe if you ran it faster you could see where the oil is turning to smoke, and where the coolant is leaking-from. It has Venture valve covers, apparently. Have you checked the engine block prefix to see if it's actually a VMax or a Venture?

Is it ever other than just idling?
I watched the 'long' version about 2/3-thru, and it's only idling. Maybe if you ran it faster you could see where the oil is turning to smoke, and where the coolant is leaking-from. It has Venture valve covers, apparently. Have you checked the engine block prefix to see if it's actually a VMax or a Venture?
RPM went up to about 5000 or so because idle was not adjusted.
Coolant was leaking from tiny hose, I fixed it already.(cut off 1/2")
No need to worry about some fluid burning off exhaust pipe for now, we'll see if it will stop.
the bike has Vmax actuator, I think it worked couple times. It will be last thing to check.
Yesterday I found out that coolant tank was missing, now I am not sure if there is enough space for my fuel pump.

Is that running on all 4 cylinders? Sound kinda weird to me.
I hope so, engine doesn't shake at all. Popping is usually sign of lean mix, I dealt with popping many times on different bikes.

Yep, I didn't mean the popping but that pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa lawn mower sound, I'd check that all are firing. Didn't you do carbs already? My gen 1 ran on three and sound was something like that then, was only because old gas (over winter with fuel stabilizer, still problems).
Hear the difference? ->

Yep, I didn't mean the popping but that pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa lawn mower sound, I'd check that all are firing. Didn't you do carbs already? My gen 1 ran on three and sound was something like that then, was only because old gas (over winter with fuel stabilizer, still problems).
Hear the difference? ->

was engine shaking on 3 cylinders?

there is a big hole in exhaust under engine , I have to deal with it. Very loud. BTW, exhaust hole is one of popping reasons. So, I'll solve 2 problems. I need to check hole and decide how to fix it. Duct tape or toilet paper? :D

I had reversed front coil wires! engine was running on 2 cylinders!!!!! Thanks Mr. Max!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back