Vintage Kawasaki dragster

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's my friend's J-model Kawasaki air-cooled dragster, it turns in the 6's for the 1/4. He just put on a new Schnitz Firestorm Progressive Nitrous Controller box ($1200 in the box, then it's time to wire-in all those features), and they are getting ready to return to the strip. Another friend did the machine work.

Think you could warm-up that slick as-casually as that rider does? Man, I don't want to do anything but watch!

Attachments

• Kawi drag bike.03.jpg
    Kawi drag bike.03.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Kawi drag bike.02.jpg
    Kawi drag bike.02.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 85
  • Kawi drag bike.jpg
    Kawi drag bike.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Kawi drag bike.04.jpg
    Kawi drag bike.04.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I would like to see it make a full throttle run which is very hard to keep something like that in the groove for a full 1/4 mile run.

I would like to see it make a full throttle run which is very hard to keep something like that in the groove for a full 1/4 mile run.

I have posted its video on here before, but if you insist...

Be sure to see the final e.t/trap speed. Not-bad for an air-cooled two-valve per cylinder KZ1000J-based bike. The guy w/the starter at the beginning is the sponsor, the guy at the starting line is the mechanic/builder, and the machinist is in his shop, making more stuff like this, though this bike is at-least 4-5 years-old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqkFk2mWgeo

I love the sound of an in-line 4 with pipes. NHRA has suppressed the in line 4 bikes so much, it's rare to see one win a race at a major NHRA race event. It's all Harley's.

Back