vinyl wrap instaed of paint ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinks

Reaction score
I was going to paint my tins on my bike, but a good friend just opened up a vinyl wrap shop. He does cars, boats, quads and trucks, but hasn't done a bike yet. He suggested to me that I should let him do my bike "feners, tank, & side covers in vinyl Bronze wrap. .....Errr ok. Its free and he just wants to see if he can do the tricky curves. He said a Solid color should work but a "pattern" cover wont because it will deform in the tight stretches. So I'm taking the Rear fender over first, as it has the most curves,..and we will see what happens. I chose bronze metallic as a base, and then Black "mad max" lettering over top.

Should work. I had a wrap done probably 15 years ago and way before the popularity they have today.

I've seen pictures of a Vmax that had Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap on FaceBook and it looked good.
The guy who owned it did it himself.

I did my own vinyl wrap and it only turned out ok - not brilliant...

I used a brushed textured vinyl which didn't take to all the curves easily because it was so heavy and most of the bends & joins have lifted over time. If I was to do it again I'll get a professional to do it and use a thinner material

I look forward to seeing yours done

IMAG1844.jpg

IMAG1848.jpg

I did my own vinyl wrap and it only turned out ok - not brilliant...

I used a brushed textured vinyl which didn't take to all the curves easily because it was so heavy and most of the bends & joins have lifted over time. If I was to do it again I'll get a professional to do it and use a thinner material

I look forward to seeing yours done

IMAG1844.jpg

IMAG1848.jpg

I really like that brushed look.

Wrap looks great, but it is a trade all in it's self. I've seen wheels that were done and they looked like they were sprayed. I gave it a shot on the Mistress but couldn't get the curves to look right. So, off to the painter I went. The brushed black looks killer.
Steve-o

Back