Virago grab rail

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think mid 90's 750's? I have one coated black one around here somewhere.

I think mid 90's 750's? I have one coated black one around here somewhere.

If it's already coated in black I'd want that. How much?

2006 with stock grab rail but no sissy bar or luggage rack (both desired eventually). Would I need anything else be needed to make that happen?

Two on ebay right now. Polished and priced right. Sale is for two. Buy one and sell one maybe?

I'd search but I'm still not even sure of the year that works... or if it works with the stock grab bar alone or if I need extra hardware. I'd probably be willing to take one off whoever's hands if it's not crazy priced.

I plan to get one and do a cheapo pad so there's something to catch the passenger when vboost hits :) I'll eventually go for a full rack and luggage but the wallet needs time to heal this year.

You will have to already have the stock backrest and this simply replaces the riser.

Oh :( Well never mind then.

Is there anything that pops up on ebay for these that doesn't look like total butt and can be had for <$100? Seems everything good, bad, and ugly is north of $250.

If you find a backrest for under $100 you have hit the virtual jackpot. I do have a nice used backrest on hand but it won't be anywhere near that cheap.

If you find a backrest for under $100 you have hit the virtual jackpot. I do have a nice used backrest on hand but it won't be anywhere near that cheap.

Yeah that's what I'm seeing - I saw the grab rails for the Virago going for $30-$80 around ebay and figured that would do for now, but with the extra hardware needed that's a no go.

Guess I'll save some pennies and plan on going straight to the full sissy bar and luggage rack next season.

:edit:
For the couple guys who have fabbed up their own, any specs and how-to's are welcome. I've got a few folks with access to molds and CNC machines so maybe I can work with them to cobble together a 'butt stop' in the meanwhile.

Latest posts

Back