Vmax 1200 cc 2001 bad earth connection

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telim2

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that contributed to other thread i created about having hot start issue with my vmax Vmax first Gen hot start issue. After going through the tips on the thread, someone suggested most likely the issue is due to bad earthing. I took a look at the bike by removing the seat and found out 2 of the earthing cable which are black in color underneath the seat are cut off and couldn't trace it. I believe they might still be more of such bad connections. Can anyone direct me to a link or a schematic diagram of the earthing connection of vmax 2001? Thanks

Last edited:
One of the big cables grounds to the right rear of the engine by the oil filler cap.

VMax engine ground by oil filler.jpg

The frame ground is on right side about fuel pump high. You'll need to remove seat to see it. Both the frame and engine ground are soldered together and then connected to battery.

Mark

Not just for Vmax, earth cables can be an issue. Quality is not always what it could be, especially after a number of years. The old adage, " they don't make stuff like they used to".
Replacing OE earth cables with welding cable is a good move.

Back