Vmax as a long distance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopperzena

Reaction score
Good day all looking for knowledge.thinking of purchasing a 2012 beauty.want a long distance...california coast power cruiser.2000 mile stuff.is this the bike for? Thanku.good day

Have you driven one yet? Would be fine for it, but you will be stopping for gas a lot every 80 to 100 miles. Unless you get a bigger fuel tank and yes they do make them. You will have to get storage for it.On the other Max forum which is dead now.(bummer) There was a lady in the UK (I think) that had a Max, and had it shipped to the US and toured the US. Her story is on the net somewhere.The Max is such an Awesome bike until you have one and ride it, it's hard to describe just how much fun it is. It puts a smile on your face every time. If your a new rider I wouldn't recommend it for you.But if you search on this forum there is all kinds of great info on them.I prefer 2nd gen over first. But they are both an AWESOME bike. Whats fun is pulling up beside some of the crotch rockets and smoking them. Of course I know that depends on the rider on each bike. Most of them you will not beat them top end. That is just my 2 cents.

I have had harleys my whole life.time for something better...hence the max.thanku for your reply

I still have my Harley Fatboy and that's what I would use right now for a long distance ride (I've stopped long distance trips due to texters and distracted drivers). Been riding Harleys since 1981 and I'm on my third HD.. My 97 first gen VMAX is for tearing up the asphalt and short trips due to the seat comfort issue and the fuel range limitations. I drove to Norco to buy a nice custom 2nd gen VMAX, but was not impressed enough after the test ride to complete the purchase. I would not consider the 2nd Gen for long distance due to the range limit- however there is something to be said for frequent pit stops.

If you really want a power cruiser for distance riding, recommend you opt for one of the BMW K1600B machines or even a newly redesigned Goldwing. They have leaned them down into a sportier version still with 1800 cc's and they kick ass if you don't ride them like an old codger. If I was to reconsider long distance rides, I'd be looking at picking up a BMW RT police bike. Since you seem set on the 2nd Gen VMAX you will probably regret not getting one if you chose something else. There is a market for them, so pick one up and give it a go. You can always sell it to someone on this forum if it does not work out for you.

I had a Gen1 for over ten years and bought a Gen2 in April. No long distance rides on that one yet. I have added a Windscreen, Highway Pegs and passenger back rest. The next add is a real electronic cruise control and I will be all set.

I had a Gen1 for over ten years and bought a Gen2 in April. No long distance rides on that one yet. I have added a Windscreen, Highway Pegs and passenger back rest. The next add is a real electronic cruise control and I will be all set.
Pics please. I am looking for some hiway pegs....

I got the highway pegs from IROCTEC in Australia. It took about two weeks to ship in but they were simple to install.

Attachments

• KIMG0235.JPG
    KIMG0235.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 45
  • KIMG0236.JPG
    KIMG0236.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 41
unguento
Vorrei sapere se conoscete qualcuno a cui potermi rivolgere per rigenerare una centralina per moto modello VMAX yamaha anno 1986
Grazie
VTO

unguento
Vorrei sapere se conoscete qualcuno a cui potermi rivolgere per rigenerare una centralina per moto modello VMAX yamaha anno 1986
Grazie
VTO

Contatta sean moreley (one2dmax) o il capitano kyle ( CaptainKyle)
su questo forum. Molto probabilmente, dovrai sostituirlo. Occasionalmente, si possono trovare cattive connessioni di saldatura - se si è fortunati.

Back