Vmax Battery replacement 101

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone run or known of anyone running a Shorai lithium battery ?
I'm using the same one in your Pics.
I just got it a couple of months ago but so far, its working fine.

Is there any way I can start my bike with a almost dead battery? I tried to charge with a battery tender and is not charging enough to crank the engine.
Any suggestions?

The UB's are excellent batteries. I read a thread on the forum and even tried a UB wheelchair type scooter battery. Better cranking and excellent charging. They are also priced cheap.

This was the best mod yet! Finally started my bike without a jump start after wintering for a few months! Thanks for the heads up!

I've got an Apex green battery with 22AH capacity.It holds 12.7 volts overnight. It is either defective or it's a crappy battery. I put my 5 year old USB1222 in my welder and it fires that baby up on the coldest day of the year. I put the old battery in my bike and it fires right up. Anyone else have this battery? I thought I was getting the same battery because the specs were the same. Not!
Steve-o

I'd have it load tested, it sounds defective to me.
I bought that same APX12220 and cranks my Vmax like a champ.
The APX12220 and UB12220 are both made by UPG so I think that they are the same battery just in a different case.

Steve, he will take it back if you just bought it.

Right on Blaxmax. I just talked to APEX and a battery is on the way. They do stand behind what they sell. They assured me that the green Apex was the same as the black case USB 22 AH battery. While I was waiting on customer service I noticed they sell a Lithium Ion light weight battery. 360 CCA and 3.5lbs. But $221 shipped. Amazon has a Lithium with 270 CCA 18AH for $151 shipped. I can't justify the cost right now,but if the weight is ever something important to me I'll shop again.
Steve

Right on Blaxmax. I just talked to APEX and a battery is on the way. They do stand behind what they sell. They assured me that the green Apex was the same as the black case USB 22 AH battery. While I was waiting on customer service I noticed they sell a Lithium Ion light weight battery. 360 CCA and 3.5lbs. But $221 shipped. Amazon has a Lithium with 270 CCA 18AH for $151 shipped. I can't justify the cost right now,but if the weight is ever something important to me I'll shop again.
Steve
Good people there.

Latest posts

Back