Vmax Battery replacement 101

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maintenance free sealed battery?

does YUASA or anybody else make a maintnenance free sealed battery for our V-maxes? if so can somebody give me the part # ?

also how does the cranking amps and reserve capacity compare to the stock battery?

sears has a sealed agm type battery in the bigger size we documented the install on

I just did the Morley Battery Box mod & here's the exact part numbers I used - Sears 44359 aka 50-N18L-A3 for $58.49. It fits perfect & cranks like a Mack truck. Good mod Sean - Yamaha should have used this from the start. Stronger than the original & easier to find.

According to the link the AGM is the 44006 Power Sport Gold. There are pics of the process on my website in the how to section.

Sean

great ppics on the website. Unfortunately I messed up my new holes and now I am trying to think of the best solution.

The holes don't have to be perfect. The washers on the bolts will hold the box and the box can't really cone out anyway.
Sean

great ppics on the website. Unfortunately I messed up my new holes and now I am trying to think of the best solution.
Could you try a piece of flat stock (metal/plastic) cut to fit the old bolt recess with a tab to protrude out to where the new holes need to be? You could rivet the fabricated piece in place to hold it.

Thats an idea, I may just set the battery in there for now as I imagine its fairly snug and wont move a whole lot.

Sean, Do you worry at all about Battery sweat with the acid? Whats your experience with this once the box has been modified?

-Paul

Not had any problems on our end. Our earliest boxes were cut off on the exhaust side even which we don't do anymore. Even that wasn't a problem too.

Sean

Battery??

Hello, question reguarding which battery to replace the stock one in my 03 vmax. I have a yuasa that came in the bike, im guessing its the original battery from day one. I called a yamaha dealer that i go through and they carey interstate batteries and a replacemnt was alittle over 100 bucks. A friend of mine has a bike shop and he quoted me a price of alittle over 50 bucks for a parts unlimited battery. My question is what do you guys recomend or use in your bikes? i don't wanna buy a cheap one and have it leak on the bike or not work good, and on the other hand don't wanna spend a fortune on a battery that is overkill.

Back