Vmax Battery replacement 101

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks,
I'll try and hunt one down and give it a try, need to do the charging/wiring mods at the same time.

I just searched for a local Odyssey dealer and was pleased to see that the SE USA distributorship is:

223 S.W. 33rd Street.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33315
(954) 766-2570

Though it is out of my way, I want to plan a roadtrip to buy one of these fine PC-680 electron-storage devices. I wonder if I need a FL D.O.T. placard to bring my new baby home?

Attachments

• Odyssey Battery distributor FLL pdf.pdf
    180.4 KB · Views: 16
Re: Vmax Battery replacement

330cca I believe if I remember correctly vs 230cca stock

I have detailed pics of a larger battery installed if anyone wants them. Considerably more cranking power than the other batteries (even the gell and no maintenance type).

Plus cheaper and available at your local sears.

Sean Morley
I am reading bad reviews on this battery .Alot of guys get one season out of this and then it quits.

Not sure which one they use. I use the AGM version which is a little more expensive (it's the "gold" version).

Sean

Ok I just checked sears and the agm version is 100.00 and the sport version is 55.00 and got all the bad reviews.I may go with the Panasonic lcx1220p for 60.00 at amazon .It sounds like a good battery.

I've used the Panasonic and it was fine. Sold the bike with it still in after over a year and a lot of sitting around (I was abroad).

You don't need any special charger for any battery, see post here earlier explaining that quite clearly.

AGM = absorption glass mat, so named because these batteries are made up of mats in which thin glass fibres are woven to increase the surface area. This allows the AGM battery to work like the flooded lead acid battery with the exception that the electrolyte in the AGM battery does not freely flood the plates but rather is held in the glass mats.

I found a replacement at Batterymart.com for 45.72 shipped instead of 81.00 and the only visible differance is the Panasonic has 20amp hour rating not 18 hour.

I just got the Panasonic Knock off (LCX 1220P) for 67.82 shipped to my house and it cranks the Max over easy and fits right in the old box area just a tiny bit snug but good.I am very happy with this battery.:clapping:

WOW!! I made the investment of the Ballistic battery. No mods needed. It weighs 11 lbs lighter than a stock battery and my word it has power. Also has the longest battery warranty on the market with 3 years. They also state you dont need to put it on a trickle charger. I'm sold!!!!

WOW!! I made the investment of the Ballistic battery. No mods needed. It weighs 11 lbs lighter than a stock battery and my word it has power. Also has the longest battery warranty on the market with 3 years. They also state you dont need to put it on a trickle charger. I'm sold!!!!

How much inc shipping?

Back