Vmax brotherhood

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are also more vendors out there then the normally found ones. Best bet is to ask what options you have.

Yes that's very true. Thing is I've sat on enough Sportmax seat jobs to know for sure I would like it versus taking an expensive chance on something I haven't actually seen or sat on...I've seen the Pictures of your work and it DOES look very good...

Last edited:
In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs December 22, and the Vernal (Spring) Equinox is March 20.
So the Winter months in Texas would be :
December, January, Febuary, and March.
:clapping:

I'm feelin' a bit uppidy today sorry.

Ok smart guy:bash0000: :) ; I mailed my seat off on 11-2-06 and probably won't have it back until 3-2-07 so I guess it will be winter at some point during my seatless period...

Besides that everyone knows there really is no Winter in Texas anyway!

In actuality it was 74 this morning at 7am...

A norther blew in and it is now 45 headed to a low of 32 tonight.......not cold by Northern standards but damn it feels cold to me...

In actuality it was 74 this morning at 7am...

A norther blew in and it is now 45 headed to a low of 32 tonight.......not cold by Northern standards but damn it feels cold to me...

45 and 32 sound real cold to me..
We never get that here and winter is the most popular riding season as you are less likely to suffer heat fatigue.

As for the Vmax brotherhood that is cool mate.

Just theorising but it might come from the fact that Vmax owners are kind of like the holders of a great secret. The 22 year old secret that is Vmax. It is almost like a cult. The bike is that good.. And the funny thing is there are so many people that really have no idea what a Vmax is. I found that out when I was trying to sell mine last few weeks (bad idea)..

But on the other hand, a lot of people have no idea what they are pulling up beside at the lights. I love it when I get next to a musclecar or sportsbike and they start revving their engines at the lights. I have wiped quite a few smirks off faces in situations like that.. And to think you can do that with an under 5000 dollar bike. Well that really is quite a secret...

Last edited:
Marky_max said:
45 and 32 sound real cold to me..
We never get that here and winter is the most popular riding season as you are less likely to suffer heat fatigue.

As for the Vmax brotherhood that is cool mate.

Just theorising but it might come from the fact that Vmax owners are kind of like the holders of a great secret. The 22 year old secret that is Vmax. It is almost like a cult. The bike is that good.. And the funny thing is there are so many people that really have no idea what a Vmax is. I found that out when I was trying to sell mine last few weeks (bad idea)..

But on the other hand, a lot of people have no idea what they are pulling up beside at the lights. I love it when I get next to a musclecar or sportsbike and they start revving their engines at the lights. I have wiped quite a few smirks off faces in situations like that.. And to think you can do that with an under 5000 dollar bike. Well that really is quite a secret...

Very true about the bike being unknown by so many..
Most H-D guys I come around either think it's another Yamaharley wannabe (which tells me how attentive to detail they really are) or know exactly what it is and respect the hell out of it....
The guys in the first category usually respect it after they get blown away....

one2dmax said:
There are also more vendors out there then the normally found ones. Best bet is to ask what options you have.

These vendors should post in the vendor section! ;)

wfcall said:
Besides that everyone knows there really is no Winter in Texas anyway!
Sometimes I miss it.

As for the Vmax Brotherhood, I think it's more a biker brotherood.

Because I ride I have now seen the entire country of NZ and not had to pay for a hotel once. Always ran into a biker in whatever town and ended up borrowing a bed or couch at thier place.

i would kill for a 70 degree day right about now. The highs for next week are all high 30's to low 40's, twenties overnight, and thats not bad for December up here

Waylander said:
Sometimes I miss it.

As for the Vmax Brotherhood, I think it's more a biker brotherood.

Because I ride I have now seen the entire country of NZ and not had to pay for a hotel once. Always ran into a biker in whatever town and ended up borrowing a bed or couch at thier place.

That is awesome; and I think your right about it being a "biker" brotherhood rather than a Vmax brotherhood.

Although I can't picture some of the pretentious H-D newbies living the H-D "lifestyle" (where they dress up in costume on the weekends) being as helpful as a lot of others....

It's kinda funny, but my little town just recieved a massive HD dealership just a few miles from my house.

Since it opened up, the invasion of HD's has been massive. Doesn't matter where my wife and I ride, we see them on the road and at every place we stop. So far, they have all been extreamly friendly folks (emphasizing the biker brotherhood statement) and jealous as hell on two accounts.

1. They all love my Max and tell me how they wanted one but didn't have the balls to get on one.

2. That my wife rides her own bike.

I've had several of the v-rod guys want to line up just so they can see how well they can do against the max and so far I've only had one that gave me a serious challenge. That v-rod was heavely modded and I think the only reason I cam out ahead was due to him backing off at 130mph (on an old abandoned airstrip, not the street). At most I only stayed about half a bike length ahead from the get go. If he had been a better rider, I'm pretty sure he would have beat me.

Anyway, so far all the HD guy's and some gals have all been great. Since I ride by the dealership every morning to get to work, there are several out there waiting for them to open every morning and I always get waves. So I can't talk shit about the local HD folks in my area. They've even invited me to several of the cook-outs at the dealership. Though I do feel funny rolling up in there on the Max.

Calimus said:
It's kinda funny, but my little town just recieved a massive HD dealership just a few miles from my house.

Since it opened up, the invasion of HD's has been massive. Doesn't matter where my wife and I ride, we see them on the road and at every place we stop. So far, they have all been extreamly friendly folks (emphasizing the biker brotherhood statement) and jealous as hell on two accounts.

1. They all love my Max and tell me how they wanted one but didn't have the balls to get on one.

2. That my wife rides her own bike.

I've had several of the v-rod guys want to line up just so they can see how well they can do against the max and so far I've only had one that gave me a serious challenge. That v-rod was heavely modded and I think the only reason I cam out ahead was due to him backing off at 130mph (on an old abandoned airstrip, not the street). At most I only stayed about half a bike length ahead from the get go. If he had been a better rider, I'm pretty sure he would have beat me.

Anyway, so far all the HD guy's and some gals have all been great. Since I ride by the dealership every morning to get to work, there are several out there waiting for them to open every morning and I always get waves. So I can't talk shit about the local HD folks in my area. They've even invited me to several of the cook-outs at the dealership. Though I do feel funny rolling up in there on the Max.

Sorry about sounding so vehemently anti-Harley.

Around here most of the H-D peeps are new to the sport, know nothing about bikes ezcept for what the H-D marketing machine has "taught" them, and have a firm and outspken belief that anything that's not H-D is a piece of crap. They have a "H-D lifestyle" vision floating in thier heads they can't escape from and are mostly victims of peer pressure from Wifes or friends who have recently succumbed to the belief that if they buy a Harley just like everyone else they can be a "true individual" or a "true rebel" or "truly different"

Yeah, truly different just like everyone else:confused2:

there are some good guys in the bunch (mostly long time bikers that are into riding and not "image") but for the most part they are

Trend Humping Fashion Lemmings

Or they believe "Raw American Power" is best represented by a Huge V-twin that makes 65 HP and 130DB and has a power to wieght ratio of a 53 Buick...

Besides that if I hear "When you gonna get a real Bike?"
one more time from a Yuppie in a biker costume that couldn't change his own oil if he had to I'm gonna strangle someone.....

OK, sorry for all that..I'm gonna go take my medication now....:blink000:

wfcall said:
Sorry about sounding so vehemently anti-Harley.

Around here most of the H-D peeps are new to the sport, know nothing about bikes ezcept for what the H-D marketing machine has "taught" them, and have a firm and outspken belief that anything that's not H-D is a piece of crap. They have a "H-D lifestyle" vision floating in thier heads they can't escape from and are mostly victims of peer pressure from Wifes or friends who have recently succumbed to the belief that if they buy a Harley just like everyone else they can be a "true individual" or a "true rebel" or "truly different"

Yeah, truly different just like everyone else:confused2:

there are some good guys in the bunch (mostly long time bikers that are into riding and not "image") but for the most part they are

Trend Humping Fashion Lemmings

Or they believe "Raw American Power" is best represented by a Huge V-twin that makes 65 HP and 130DB and has a power to wieght ratio of a 53 Buick...

Besides that if I hear "When you gonna get a real Bike?"
one more time from a Yuppie in a biker costume that couldn't change his own oil if he had to I'm gonna strangle someone.....

OK, sorry for all that..I'm gonna go take my medication now....:blink000:
Just had to laugh at a few of these exchanges. I used to own two Harleys back when and now I like to see what I get for my money. We all like to kid when it comes to the Hardleys because we have this image in our head of a bunch of hoodlums that are nothing more than groupies that don't have a life and DESPERATELY need to belong. Many buy the bikes for it's name and not it's potential. How sad, but we all need what we need and if a HD is the ticket to belong to the biggest sheep pen, then so be it. I know quite a few crusty, can't change their mind, won't listen to reason HD owners, but as buds, they are OK. Everybody thinks they have the best taste and in a way, that's good or we'd all be lining up at the HD superstore. Thank god for individuality. So if we throw a few stones in their direction, it's just our way of having a little fun with (I'm sure) no evil intentions on any body's part.

No, certainly no evil intentions on my part...I actually like the bikes for what they are, it's some of the attitudes that get to me but I guess if I'm realistic about it there are plenty of attitudes like that in any group.

Like my Grandaddy always said..

"If everybody liked the same thing, your grandmother sure would be tired"

meaning of course they should like what HE likes!!

Here is what I think is actually neat about a Harley....

My older Brother owns a 1941 Stearman PT-19 wood and canvas biplane with a Pratt and Whitney 450hp 9 cylinder radial, I think it's a little over 900 cubic inches..First used as a WWII trainer and then crop dusting until being restored by his father-in-law Lefty Gardner whose name may ring a bell with any of you Warbird freaks out there...

http://www.warbird.com/lefty.html

http://p38whitelightnin.com/

The design of the top end of that radial engine is almost identical to a Harley as well as the use of a split/siamese connecting rod and the sound is absolutely unbelievable...every time I hear a Radial fire up like that it still gives me chill bumps...riding in the thing redefines "Visceral"
I've been in a lot of faster, more aerobatic and better handling planes ...(I have been up in the Lightnin', as well as the P-51 and T-6's and the Russian Yaks)
than that Stearman but never one as fun or so much like a mood altering drug...it'll leave you grinning like an idiot everytime even if it does only make about a 1/2 horsepower per cubic inch like a Harley and not 2 hp/inch like a Vmax or most other more modern high performance engines...

The antiquatedness and "realness" of it that grabs you by the balls and makes you sit up and take notice that you are in/on something that is not so refined IS fun and brings as close to the "experience" as one can get....

Kind of like the difference between an old school hotrod and a new sports car; I can equate that with the Harley and it's appeal....What's more fun? a 1970 SS454 Chevelle or a Toyota Turbo Supra that will eat the Chevy alive?

Last edited:
wfcall said:
That is awesome; and I think your right about it being a "biker" brotherhood rather than a Vmax brotherhood.

Although I can't picture some of the pretentious H-D newbies living the H-D "lifestyle" (where they dress up in costume on the weekends) being as helpful as a lot of others....
Yea some H-D riders wont give you the time of day but for the most part the ones down here are decent enough. Even the patched members are nice on occasion aslong as you show them respect.

Back