Vmax Carb Covers.... toyin in the laser room today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score

So I found a missing set of carb covers I had behind a box the other day. I had a set, lost them and bought another set, and now after I sold almost all my Vmax stuff I find a box of misc stuff with these thrown in, along with a set of bar controls I started to polish out. I ll maybe laser engrave those also.

Obviously I don't have a Vmax anymore, so when I am done I think I am going to toss these up for sale. Maybe make a couple of bucks for my quickshifter for my PCV for the ZX14.

Todd

Could you do them with the Yamaha tuning fork?

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

What you looking at getting for them? I might be interested....

Those look great, wish I had a laser like yours at my disposal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Pretty neat. Should be able to do almost any logo/lettering a customer would want. We considered doing an engraved version of this at one time but have not got around to working up any sets. Would even look cool with a painted or anodized cover then the engraving done on it to really make the image stand out.

Pretty neat. Should be able to do almost any logo/lettering a customer would want. We considered doing an engraved version of this at one time but have not got around to working up any sets. Would even look cool with a painted or anodized cover then the engraving done on it to really make the image stand out.
How about a set of windowed carb covers to match your windowed engine case covers?

Those took a LONG time to engrave, around 1 hour each. ( 4 hours total ) If I just engrave them and not finish them ( leave that up to you to coat or plate them ) I would do them for $150 exchange on your good set, with a $75 core charge till I get your good set in return.

Not cheap thats for sure, but you won't find anything else out there like it. Plus the custom side of it. If you wanted tuning forks, Vmax or anything else custom on them, you can't get that done anywhere either. And honestly I am not looking to make money and profit off them, because at 4 hours x $75 hourly rate, $300 is my normal shop rate, so really its only a labor of love/fun to do these. And honestly I am not really sure if I want to do them because of the time involved and how long it ties up my machine. But if I have free time to set it up, I would consider it if someone was interested.

Todd

Back