VMAX Cleaning Day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Django

Reaction score
They both came out like new.

p2131757671-5.jpg

p1920714016-5.jpg

p2000583815-5.jpg

A great job on the bikes!

I spy the 'Vette in the garage! I bet you don't live in Detroit! But I would bet you live in a suburb, probably to the north. Living in Detroit, your Corvette insurance would probably be $5,000 a year. Detroit city has too-much crime.

My friend who retired not long ago from the GM Design & Tech Ctr in Warren lived in Detroit city and he couldn't leave a window open because the crack monsters or other burglars would try to force entry. He saved his $ and built a home by Lake Orion.

I attended college in MI and once went home w/a friend who lived 'downtown' in the Cass Corridor. He said, "it's a good thing you're with me because you wouldn't last ten minutes here on your own!" I was "the wrong demographic." His dad worked at one of the auto factories, and they lived in a spartan apartment, not much in there, but they did have a big console TV (this is nearly 50 years ago). As we were walking to his apartment, he said, "see that intersection? That's where the riots started four years ago (the summer of 1967)." The woman who directed The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty is now doing a crime film set during the 1967 Detroit riots. http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-12th-street-riot

I hope your riding season lets you ride into November, looks like you've got some good iron to enjoy MI roads with.

One of the things firefighters study is how to react during times of civil unrest, and unfortunately, the picture shows what one of the results is, when first responders are threatened. What you see is what happens when people start shooting at the fire trucks. Only a few less people were killed in Detroit's July 1967 riots than died in the Orlando FL nightclub shooting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 31
By the size of the yard I would say he is in Detroit and close to Warren. I spent a year working in a Mopar factory in Warren build car parts. Park across the street I too was of a different race but a great group of guys to hang with as long as you are not intimidated and walk your own walk.Those brick houses look familiar to the same place I lived.

I live in a suburb south of Detroit. We have our fare share of crime mostly a handful of individuals doing all of the thieving.
I go downtown a lot. It has really cleaned up in the past couple of years. Lots of foot traffic new resturants and store fronts opening all over town. Most suburbanites I know exercise their second amendment rights when venturing downtown. The thugs are realizing this and crime is down.
I think the city is making progress.

Back