VMAX DISCONTINUED WORLD WIDE AFTER 35 YEAR PRODUCTION RUN - VMAX MEMORIAL THREAD

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a good thing that I have extra parts for the 2011 on the shelf. I wonder If the spare Catalytic converter will be worth anything? LOL
By the time you need it your bike will no longer be required to pass emissions.

Mine never had to from the get go. No motorcycle still does here in Georgia. We love our pollution here.

Now I'm really glad that I made that drive down to Sarasota, FL from Virginia to buy that 2013 with 3,500 miles and all the high performance mods on Memorial Day Weekend this year. Life is all about timing! :)

It's good and bad now having a bike that everyone wants to know what it is seemingly every time I stop which as you all known is often. This bike sure gets thirsty quick; however, I wouldn't trade the thrill of riding it for nothing else! :)

Its a good thing that I have extra parts for the 2011 on the shelf. I wonder If the spare Catalytic converter will be worth anything? LOL
What do you recommend to buy now? I am guessing gaskets and radiator hoses and then seal them in an airtight, light proof box.

What else?

Without the VMAX Yamaha doesn't have anything in their lineup to compete with the other bike makers. The Ducati's look good but I would have to drive 2 hrs to Alabama to get it serviced and the Ducati streetfighter is a 25K ouch. The Kawasaki Z H2 would be my next choice. I priced the insurance on a 2021 Z H2 and it was double what i pay for my 2017 VMAX insurance. Common Yamaha give a 2022 HYPER VMAX STREETSLAYER.
The Gen3 :D

"With deep consideration of evolving global market trends and regulations that limit production volumes on certain models, the following Yamaha models will be discontinued after model year 2020:
YZF-R6
VMAX
WR250R
SMAX

Yamaha understand the iconic history of these models. Regarding the future, Yamaha is continuously looking at new ideas and concepts to support and expand the market, as well as enhance our customer's experiences.

Customers have been directed to contact their local Yamaha dealer on the remaining model year 2020 availability of these discontinued models."

Thats SAD....but the legend will become a myth in itself. With stories of vboost madness..quarter mile racing wins..fuel eater to life threatning devil machine.

Back