Vmax engine is dying when heated up at work temperature

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgars

Reaction score
Hello, two days ago i take ride with my vmax 1200, 1999 european version without vboost. After 60 km riding in this warm summer evening when engine was heated up in work temperature i found out that rpm is jumping above and falling below 1 rpm, in idle engine stopped couple times, on 2 rpm when driving motorcycle was twiching, maybe someone know what can be the problem??? Today i started up and everything is working fine untill get heated up!

Today i tryed out to search for vacuum leak(with carb cleaner)- negative still when motorcycle runs cold is working exellent when heated up engine is dying, when was cold was easy to hold 2 rpm when heated its not possible rpm goes up and than down and again up, also when engine is in work temperature and start twitching is more poping from exhaust, maybe someone have some other ideaswhat can be the problem?

Sounds like it might be a fuel delivery problem. It is possible that you have an issue with the fuel pump, but to confirm that you will need to be in a convenient spot with the problem shows itself so that you can confirm it. That could be done a number of different ways… Either an alternative fuel pump or fuel source separate from the standard tank.

Just one idea, but the symptoms you describe sure sound like fuel starvation to me.

to rule out fuel starvation, check the fuel filter for debris if transparent plastic or look through it; it will be dark brown if clogged up with rust, and it seems the vmax tanks have a tendency to rust - or just replace the filter.

if problem persists, my guess would be ignition coils.

to rule out fuel starvation, check the fuel filter for debris if transparent plastic or look through it; it will be dark brown if clogged up with rust, and it seems the vmax tanks have a tendency to rust - or just replace the filter.

if problem persists, my guess would be ignition coils.
Today i warmed up my vmax when engine was in work temperature and starts to twitch rpm i remove air filter to see if there is some changes in one moment rpm dropped than i increased rpm and was 2 shots from exhaust and was one shot of fuel from one of carburetor, maybe i hve to much fuel incoming?

Check your voltage at battery, when warm.Mine was doing something similar; when warmed up and fan running voltage dropped to 12.5v , started sputtering and shutting off at stop lights,
Replaced the stater and that brought my volts back up to 13.5 volts with fan running and high beams on.

Today i tryed out to search for vacuum leak(with carb cleaner)- negative still when motorcycle runs cold is working exellent when heated up engine is dying, when was cold was easy to hold 2 rpm when heated its not possible rpm goes up and than down and again up, also when engine is in work temperature and start twitching is more poping from exhaust, maybe someone have some other charging system, can be the problem?
It sounds like a possibly rich condition to me. Not to overlook the charging system, like mentioned.

Back