Vmax Engine Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemi52rb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
is this engine assy universal for all year vmax's
ENGINE ASSY KIT VMAX
2S3-11000-KT-L0
by Yamaha
Im assuming that this engine part number is for a 2009 vmax in my research the only differance in engines is California model or 49 state model bike but engines for both are the same except the throttlebodys are different am i correct i have a 2016 vmax i bought new runs great with about 2300 miles on it and was looking at spare engine for back up parts for future for the first 1,000 miles change oil 3 times to keep engine clean had all work done at dealer now running 20-50 semi syn yamalube oil i love the bike and wanted one for about 10 years finally got one yippi service manual say oil change every 3500 miles i figure i would change every 3000 miles try keeping oil clean in engine especially after seeing oil pump /engine sludge pictures you put up on vmax forum thank you for your time

Bob

I have been able to get a complete engine for warranty in the past but normally you can not buy the engine assembly only. It's about a $9k purchase!

Forgot the pics

Attachments

• Gen 2 Crate Part Number.jpg
    Gen 2 Crate Part Number.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 32
  • vmax_pics_001.jpg
    vmax_pics_001.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 34
If you take care of that engine it will go over 100K miles no sweat. Even if it's been ridden hard. Used engines are hard to come by and new ones are very expensive as Sean has already pointed out.

I was looking for a low mileage engine for a few years because I was interested in building an engine and didn't want to break into mine. I finally found one but it came at a bad time for me financially so I passed, but turned it over to a friend who bought it. It was around $4K but was like brand new so that was a decent price at the time.

So, unless you want to build a motor, I can't see buying a spare just to have it around. The one you have will last a long long time.

Latest posts

Back