Vmax engine vs. Venture Royal engine

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record. Email me at [email protected] is the best way to contact me.
PCW did a build years back and might be able to find info on the internet archive of their site.

Let's say if I wanted to build a twin turbo engine into a Vmax frame, which engine would be better? I'd personally think if Venture exhaust ports are facing outwards the frame instead of straight, that would benefit simpler exhaust for side mounted turbochargers. Maybe.

Additionally, are there any applications for double cam chains instead of singles?
The Vmax Engine would be Worlds better. They're virtually the same Engine design. The Vmax was based on the first Gen Venture Engine, the differences are the Vmax has a more aggressive Cam Profile, and lighter Pistons. But if You Plan on going forced induction I would change out the Pistons anyways to Reduce Compression or You're gonna have Detonation issues. The Vmax has a better induction system as well. I've also been led to believe the Vmax Transmission is a little Stronger
Let's say if I wanted to build a twin turbo engine into a Vmax frame, which engine would be better? I'd personally think if Venture exhaust ports are facing outwards the frame instead of straight, that would benefit simpler exhaust for side mounted turbochargers. Maybe.

Additionally, are there any applications for double cam chains instead of singles?

Some of the Vmax gears are basically identical. Mainly ratio changes. The 86-93 Ventures use the same dog design though that was recalled on the 85 vmax's (if you want to call that a weaker design). It's actually stronger but not as good for speed/power shifting with. This compare pic does not include the later Star transmissions which some are for sure stronger (and of course different ratios).

Attachments

• Input Gears Comparison.jpg
    Input Gears Comparison.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 0
Back