Vmax exhaust pops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mehrdad

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2000 vmax1200. Lately I took it to a workshop to get it serviced. They did carb and fuel tank cleaning. It works fine but as soon as it warms up both exhausts keep popping very loudly and to be honest it's annoying. It's not happening while riding only when I stop or it's on stands. I feel gasoline smell from mufflers.
I appreciate any help, Vmax pops in low RPM?help

I changed all spark plugs to Iridium and also replace the air filter with new one but it's still the same.:( the gasoline smell is still there neither popping!anyone can tell me how to reduce the amount of fuel in mixture?

Use the factory manual to see what's going on. Take time to see how it's organized, at the front, there are supplements for multiple years, to reflect running changes, after those, you get to the main body of the document. Go through it to familiarize yourself with it. Look at the back, there are wiring diagrams, cable routing diagrams, torque values for specific location fasteners, etc.

VMX12- Service-Manual.pdf (vmoa.net)

the gasoline smell is still there neither popping!

I don't understand this, are you saying it still is popping through the exhaust?

Does it rev normally? Can you take video of how it revs while it is popping on low rpms?

And check front cylinder spark plug wires, if you have original coils on original location spark plug wires should go from left coil to right cylinder and vice versa, sometimes these are put wrong way.

Last edited:
Use the factory manual to see what's going on. Take time to see how it's organized, at the front, there are supplements for multiple years, to reflect running changes, after those, you get to the main body of the document. Go through it to familiarize yourself with it. Look at the back, there are wiring diagrams, cable routing diagrams, torque values for specific location fasteners, etc.

VMX12- Service-Manual.pdf (vmoa.net)

I don't understand this, are you saying it still is popping through the exhaust?
Sorry ,what I meant is that it is still the same problem. I will check the manual to see what I can do.thanks for your advise.

Back