Vmax Fog Lights?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conman

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows what these are. I've seen them in more than one photo.

09-Vmax.jpg

1985Vmax.jpg

They used to sell those rectangular, chromed housing style fog lights just about everywhere as far back as the late 70's. They were available with different lens configurations -amber fog, clear fog, or clear driving lens. They usually had 55 watt H3 halagen bulbs. They also made some with black housings later on.

Huh... So they're more of a universal thing than a Vmax thing.... Did Yamaha ever manufacture them?

Did Yamaha ever manufacture them?

Maybe something for their line of all-terrain vehicles. I just checked online, their current Grizzly accessory lights are round.

PIAA makes good products. Here are some:
images.ashx
driving & fog combo http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lighting...mp.aspx?t_c=14&t_s=448&t_pt=4242&t_pn=PIA9413

http://www.piaa.com/store/p/633-RF6-6-LED-Light-Bar-Driving-Beam-Fog-Beam.aspx Six-inch LED light
resize

Of course you can get the cheapos from your local Pep Boys or WalMart...

I have a couple pairs of vintage Lucas Flamethrowers which Ford used over the years on their Shelbys and Mustang GT's. They are rectangular w/rounded ends, or straight ends.
images
images

Last edited:
Here's where I had one years ago. Right under the lower headlight support. Won't work with lowered front end though.

Attachments

• 91Vmax.jpg
    91Vmax.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 75
You can see two different types on my Max in my gallery.

Nice, do you have some better pics of how they are mounted

Sorry, that is all I have and the bike is in storage for the winter. The two lights on the lower forks are MotoLights. Quality units but cost close to $400. They are mounted to the calipers. The one under the fork is a cheap one off eBay.

Latest posts

Back