Quantcast

Vmax gen 1 oil over fill

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

Kimn2905

Reaction score
Hello, I think I overfill oil, when the bike is straight up, the oil is over the line on the glass, what should I do now, and there is oil leaking on top of the left crankcase when bike is idling, is it because I overfill it ? Thanks for any input. The oil leak is in the middle part.

Attachments

MaxMidnight

Reaction score
Easiest way would be to get a tube on a syringe and suck it out.
Failing that, if you have nifty fingers undo the sump plug and drain some oil into a clean container to re-use then replace the sump plug before all of the oil comes out.
If you have a clean container you could drop all of the oil and re-fill to the correct mark.

Mr Moron here also has (well) over-filled his sump but it didn't spew any oil out.
If it is going to do so then I would think you would look for the evidence in the air box where it has passed up via the breather.

Assuming your leak is not from the cam cover then the next likely candidate would be from one of the inlet stub screws, one of which passes through to an oil gallery.
If this is not sealed it will leak.

Parminio

Reaction score
It's called a Turkey Baster. Get a cheap one for 2 dollars at the grocery store and suck it out.

Denci

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it is leaking from that area? Seems since it was over filled it is residual coming from the airbox and leaking down from under the box and around the carbs. pull the airbox and look and check around the carb housing for oil.

Latest posts