vmax gen i and ii wrecks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Know your limits, don't do stuff you normally would not in hopes of keeping up with someone, continually scan everything that can be seen, plan ahead...and never underestimate the ignorance of other drivers...in 46 years on the road I hit the pavement one time purely out of my own stupidity, as it wasn't fun at all I never plan to do it again...but one never knows what's around the corner.
I have guyz make fun of my safe riding all the time,,get very tired of it,,so I like to ride alone,,very relaxing.

I believe Vmax was born from generation of uninsurable motorcycles. It is not for everyone and should not be owned by those who don't know it's capably, limits or learn the ability to operate it at it's potential . It's lure is a cures to the under skilled rider and bad decision makers. Looking for video of motor cycle accident is just morbid. I suggest checking your TV channels, there is a lot of dirt bike races and if up late or early morning can catch some track racing. Every once in a while you can catch a hill climb race. Please don't become another static. oh and if you want to watch road motor cycle racing at is best search the Isle of Man. A Vmax is not a suitable contender.

even when you are vigilant to what's around you, don't assume you have right of way just because you do have 'right of way', a collision with another vehicle will cost you, and shouting at other road users just adds stress to yourself,
when I'm riding on the road I often go into my 'off road' frame of mind in that if a tree or rock or hole suddenly appears in front of you, you make a reactive response to get around it or stop, shouting at it does no good 🙂, apply the same to other road users

1. Assume you are invisible
2. Assume you are visible and it is a game of death where you are the target
3. Assume everyone is a distracted/texting/DWI/DUI driver
4. Maintain extra space around you and always plan for an out or escape route (from the Advanced Rider Course)
5. Practice "What if" and "What would I do"
6. Don't over react to a situation and panic - handle the situation by maneuvering/braking/accelerating
7. Practice emergency braking and counter steering often
8. Check tire pressures before you head out - preflight your bike
9. Some people hate motorcycles (especially loud ones) and the humans that ride them. They will run you off the road or run in to you
10. Stay in shape and keep your mental acuity up as you age. I play fast paced first person shooter games.
11. Wear road gear/leathers/gloves
12. Take Safety courses (mandatory for all riders on military bases where I work)
13. Watch YouTube videos. Most will show the bikes were going way too fast for conditions/ traffic volume
14. Avoid night rides and group rides

I've been down four times. Age 16 due to frost on the road, Age 18 due to an unleashed dog. Age 20 due to car signaling and moving right then turning left. Age 46 due to a driver making an illegal U turn (Felony hit and run). Had to have my thumb pinned in place for a while. Bike incidents but did not go down: 1998 - heading to Bike Week in Laughlin NV, transmission case cracked, leaked and locked up (with passenger). 2005 - hit a four into one (flat black) motorcycle exhaust in the middle of the road at night in Albuquerque, NM (also with passenger).

... this has gone well of the topic, remember the original question? got anything on high speed vmax wrecks

and as was pointed earlier out, nothing different than riding another bike except I would add beware of the power and vboost, which can take you by surprise if you are not used to it.

high speed wobble,reaction time and roadhazards 3 of the items that will take you down high speed is very different for rolling along at 60 mph the technical side of high speed is whats to know motogp and superbike school the the place to go for information

zeus36 very wise man, skill, training and experience are the keys know your limits and your bikes limits and you will have many happy trails

yes as for my new vmax i will have to take it slow and learn the limits of the machine,but i all so must review the basic techniques of riding and advance high speed riding many thanks for all the input i go tand remember 70 is not the new 30,god say it aint so

zeus36 very wise man, skill, training and experience are the keys know your limits and your bikes limits and you will have many happy trails

Now see, WW? If you'd just said this at the very beginning, you'd have saved us 3 pages of chatter!

(But, chatter is what makes a forum a forum. And it has been interesting chatter)

I always feal safer being a bit aggressive. That probably stems back to my teenage years, when the road was mine.

thank you i enjoyed the chatter to, i jointed up because this is a good sight, learned a lot

Latest posts

Back