• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Vmax gen1 brochure wanted

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timm Adam

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am still searching for an original brochure of the first Vmax from 1985. Please if you have one or more and you want to help me in providing me with one, contact me! Will exchange for money and or Yamaha brochures from different models, posters or everything else I have from Yamaha.

Attached is a picture of my 1999 Vmax in front of our small house. It is a 2LT model that went on sale finally in Germany and the first time you were able to buy it with the full v-boost system. I have not made any changes to it yet apart from a larger fuel tank with the capacity of 20 litres.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards

Timm

Attachments

• 20210610_120452.jpg
    20210610_120452.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 20
Hello, thank you very much! But of course I really want especially that big brochure from 1985 with the hotrod and Gleason in it to hold in my hand. I want to scan it and have made some T-shirts with the pictures and parts of the brochure printed on the shirt. I have some brochures from 1986, 1987 and later ones. But that one with the hot rod is the holy grail for me.

Hello, thank you very much! But of course I really want especially that big brochure from 1985 with the hotrod and Gleason in it to hold in my hand. I want to scan it and have made some T-shirts with the pictures and parts of the brochure printed on the shirt. I have some brochures from 1986, 1987 and later ones. But that one with the hot rod is the holy grail for me.
Timm, I have one but I am not sure that is Gleason in it. It is the 2005 brochure with the red Hot Rod. Is that what U are wanting?

Hello everyone!

I am still searching for an original brochure of the first Vmax from 1985. Please if you have one or more and you want to help me in providing me with one, contact me! Will exchange for money and or Yamaha brochures from different models, posters or everything else I have from Yamaha.

Attached is a picture of my 1999 Vmax in front of our small house. It is a 2LT model that went on sale finally in Germany and the first time you were able to buy it with the full v-boost system. I have not made any changes to it yet apart from a larger fuel tank with the capacity of 20 litres.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards

Timm
save search at eBay maybe one will pop up, we got every obscure thing Vmax you could possibly imagine. 1988 Vmax Tee, Plastic lid for tool compartment under the pillion, The Bagster from France, Dam Exhausts from Belgium, Looks stock, Waay better, Alligator Seat to feel at home in Louisiana, State Police bought 10 Vmax's in '85.

Attachments

• 16517934894817706923789462692522.jpg
    16517934894817706923789462692522.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 5
Timm, I have one but I am not sure that is Gleason in it. It is the 2005 brochure with the red Hot Rod. Is that what U are wanting?
Hello, thank you, but 2005 is exactly 20 years too late. It is the very frst brochure from 1985 that I am looking for as my first priority. But of course I am still collecting all the others of the Vmax I do not already have. I have several copies I think of the 2003 one from the USA. Can you send me a picture of the brochure you have?
Thanks again!
Kind regards
Timm

save search at eBay maybe one will pop up, we got every obscure thing Vmax you could possibly imagine. 1988 Vmax Tee, Plastic lid for tool compartment under the pillion, The Bagster from France, Dam Exhausts from Belgium, Looks stock, Waay better, Alligator Seat to feel at home in Louisiana, State Police bought 10 Vmax's in '85.
Hello,
of course I have saved dozens of searches for the things I am looking for. I have been selling and buying stuff on ebay since 2003. Within the last few years there was not one of these brochures from 1985 I am looking for. I am also looking for older Merchandise stuff and dealer shop stuff. I have worked for a Yamaha dealer here in Germany for some years and I was able to rescue some nice stuff when he quit with Yamaha last year. It is sad because his father used to start to sell Yamahas in 1974 and I have been his customer from 1986 on.

Anyway, for the Vmax the German and European dealers did not get any official things from Yamaha before 1996 (In Germany). So Vmax wise there is not a lot to find. Also I would love to have some more of the FJ1100 especially that Poster Yamaha had made which shows Gleason smoking a tire on the FJ1100. Again you did not get these in Germany.

Back