Vmax knee guards

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adambweird

Reaction score
Some time in the coming winter months im going to start making some knee guards. Initial design will be like what I have on my Max. As time allows at work Ill write more programs for different designs. Ill only be doing this in very small numbers. If anyone has any ideas for designs or interest in getting a set down the road once im going with them, let me know.

They'll most likely be made with 304 stainless (309 or 316 is a possibility, depends on whats available the day I make them) and 1/8" thick. They will include all necessary mounting hardware and will only be available from me here. Down the road Ill entertain custom designs.

Price will be fairly cheap (not gonna say for certain yet as I have no idea what it'll run me to make them, but probly around $30 plus s&h) Eventually I may do polished ones for a little bit more, but once Im going with them they'll just be the raw metal that can be left as is or finished hower you decide to do it.

I would like to see how this will look and fit. I want something for my knees to hug, and I want it wider where my knees hug. (right at the back of the scoops)

Would they look different than these?

Attachments

• P1000054.jpg
    P1000054.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 34
  • P1000053.jpg
    P1000053.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 34
Ill take some closeups of mine. They take a little getting used to at first, you notice the difference. But after a little bit its hard to imagine going without them. Definately give your knees something to hold on to.

To answere your question Traumahawk, probably not at first. I might tweak the shape a little, but theyll look like what youve got. Down the road ill do some different designs. It all depends on how busy I am at work. Been a little slow lately so i might be able to get some time on the laser soon for my "government" project, lol.

Ok....I like knee braces on a Vmax and I think making them "over here" is a great idea...mine came from the UK.

Would likely be interested as well once it goes from concept to reality and pics showing fit and function are posted.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Back