Vmax knee plates

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a set on E-Bay, dude from England or Scotland makes them...., he was too high so I emailed him and told him so...made him an offer and guaranteed good advertisement from Texas and he sold me a set a lot cheaper..lol....they look very nice....see my gallery for pics...

check with a member here "spursmech" there was some talk about a year ago about making them, not sure whatever happened with this, maybe he can point you in the right direction.

they're a pain to find, i had a batch of 4-5 made from the guy from scotland, offered to have another but would need to have 10 sets made.

If your handy, you can make your own.

A few posts down there is a template. Just print the file up at 1-1 scale, transfer it to the material of your choice, cut it out and shape it.
There is also a couple of people that sell them in this thread too.
Knee guards

mentioned in the other thread about being cosmetic, but i dissagree. When scooting pretty good you can "Hold On" to the bike better with your knees.
My 02 as usual

Great Idea and at a very good price, but I need to try making some first.......

Mine came from England, already on the bike when I bought it. I'm not a big fan, they dig in sometimes.

If anyone has a set of these, I'm looking to buy some like by tomorrow. So if anyone wants to sell as long as I can polish them into almost chrome, let me know. Thanks, Ed

mentioned in the other thread about being cosmetic, but i dissagree. When scooting pretty good you can "Hold On" to the bike better with your knees.
My 02 as usual

Honestly for me, if I am hitting it I normally place my feet on the passenger pegs.

I believe these work better when you have rearsets installed. With rearsets your knees tend to drop down and can bang against the frame and motor. The plates provide a flat surface to rest your knees against.

My bike was the test bike for the Scottish made ones, I also have then on with a frame brace and the fit fine.

Speak with him direct rather than email and I am sure he can do you a good deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-VMX1...84?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19cde2a83c

I have these and they are fine with my german frame braces. You just dont use the support bracket. I just put rubber stoppers on the back and they are fine. They dont flex from what I have seen in the past year with them. Oh and I did have to mod the mounting bracket to allow placement pass through for the framebrace bolt. That was fun cutting out for sure....love my dremmel!

Attachments

• mod401.jpg
    mod401.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 40
Back