VMAX Noob Wanted To Say Hi

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdrewdown

Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Drew. Picked up my first VMAX a little over 2 months ago. Its a '97 and had 15k when i got it. Its nearly at 18k now, as we plan our first road trip to Colorado next month. My girl is @staciedaisy on here & i'm sure she'll post once she's sees this thread.

So far we are loving the VMAX, its pretty much all stock but we have added a sissybar with luggage rack thanks to Sean Morley. Luckily enough I live in the same city as Sean, he's been a great asset! Shortly after purchasing the bike we had Sean make us one of his muscle seats & we love it.

The bike isn't perfect by any means, needs some TLC & possibly a few small upgrades that we have planned. I paid $2700 for her and rode it 5 hours home the day we bought it. Ran great, but I think could use a little carb cleaning as it seems to have a flat spot at full throttle in higher RPMs.

Anyway here is a few pics of the beast, not that you havent seen a stock VMAX before, but i thought i'd share anyway. I'll get some more pics, its got a few new things since this one.

IMG_20110606_230353.jpg

& this is my other pride & joy, a 2004 ZX10R

IMG_20110429_083517.jpg

anyway, this seems like a good place to be. hope to see some of you guys in the future!

I just absolutely LOVE our VMAX! The Vboost is my favorite! :) I also ride a 2004 ZX10, and don't get me wrong I LOVE my ninja, but nothing beats riding on the back of the VMAX with my love right when the vboost kicks in :)

228729_10150234267508179_507378178_8755282_633981_n.jpg

I can't wait for our trip to Colorado!

Thank you Sean Morley for being awesome! :)

I like you guys already! You live that close to SEAN?! Your wallet is ganna pay dearly when you see the fun stuff he can hook you up with. Glad to have you guys!

I like you guys already! You live that close to SEAN?! Your wallet is ganna pay dearly when you see the fun stuff he can hook you up with. Glad to have you guys!

tell me something i'm not already learning VERY fast lmfao... i know i can't afford to go over to his place very often! but yea we live about 20 minutes from him..

thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome!!!! You are lucky to live so close to Sean. I think if I did my wife would force us to move lol. Congrats on the new vmax. My first vmax was a 97 I loved it. I have a 06 now. Sold my 2002 R1 and bought my latest vmax. Wife like vmax a lot better

Welcome!!!! You are lucky to live so close to Sean. I think if I did my wife would force us to move lol. Congrats on the new vmax. My first vmax was a 97 I loved it. I have a 06 now. Sold my 2002 R1 and bought my latest vmax. Wife like vmax a lot better

yea i do consider myself lucky, but its Seans fault i have a VMAX now anyway.. Can't we blame him for this? lol (/me watches money drain from account)

Its also nice that my girl has her own zx-10r cuz i'm not selling that shit!! vroom vroom

Welcome to VMF. Your Vmax won't be stock for long, living so close to Sean!

funny you mention it, i'm gonna try & swing by to chat with him some more tonight.

i def need a larger windscreen for the trip to CO, thinkin about some progressive springs/shocks & he wants to try & sell me some exhaust lol

most importantly i gotta talk to him about the tail light relocation so i can get the saddlebags i just ordered, on the bike.
he's very convincing hahaha

Welcome Drew and Staci. This forum has some of the best and most helpful people I have run across on the internet. I love seeing couples sharing motorcycling together.

funny you mention it, i'm gonna try & swing by to chat with him some more tonight.

i def need a larger windscreen for the trip to CO, thinkin about some progressive springs/shocks & he wants to try & sell me some exhaust lol

most importantly i gotta talk to him about the tail light relocation so i can get the saddlebags i just ordered, on the bike.
he's very convincing hahaha

Which saddlebags did you order? Faatmax has a hard bag set I am going to buy this winter. They are $695 but look really nice.

Which saddlebags did you order? Faatmax has a hard bag set I am going to buy this winter. They are $695 but look really nice.

we bought some "sport" type saddlebags with the intention of being able to use them on the vmax & the ninja's if we need to.

the ones we got are the motocentric sport saddlebags. i'll let ya guys know how it goes when we get them, which should be tomorrow. got the same brand tank bag too, wish me luckz! lol

Sean wasn't available last night so hopefully we'll find out more about relocating the turn signals tonight :D

edit: whoa i just checked tracking & they are out for delivery!!! w00t w00t

Welcome aboard Drew and Staci!!!! You just so happen to live near a Mod Monkey Disciple so you are doomed!!!! Sean is great to work with when it comes to modding your Max for sure!

Yes...the MOD MONKEY!
He will not rest so long as you own a Vmax...

Most people spank the monkey, but the mod monkey....SPANKS YOU!

Good luck with yours, my mod monkey has made me do terrible things to my account lately.

Yes...the MOD MONKEY!
He will not rest so long as you own a Vmax...

Most people spank the monkey, but the mod monkey....SPANKS YOU!

Good luck with yours, my mod monkey has made me do terrible things to my account lately.

I'll have to have a chat with my Mod Monkey tonight & let him know he simply can't have ALL my money!!

/me looks at you Sean!

Back