Vmax owners age?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
49 here, married three kids, youngest 19 The same wonderful wife for 22 plus years Ive had my 99 max for 4 years. Had 7-8 other road bikes on an off. but must say this is the one I will be keeping (way to much into her to get rid of, not that I would) raced motor cross for 20 years. Now riding one of them any more reminds me of how old I am.Well I guess my wife reminds me every now and then too. with the jabs to the side when shes on the back.:punk:

Thanks Cowboy. I won't be able to make it to Biketoberfest. I'll need a rain check. I'm stuck at work until November 5th.

26, bought my Vmax in Aug of 2007, Love to ride. I have put 8000+ miles on her in about a year. Not looking forward to winter this year as I've been able to ride almost everyday that I wanted to for 18 months or so.

I am 23. Bought my bike brand new at the ripe ol' age of 20. Been riding it ever since. Can't seem to get enough of it.

One thing I certainly do love about it, is that in a group/meet, there will be always lots of Harley's Or Choppers, generally lots of money spent on these bikes, and people will always come up and talk to me about my VMax. There is always somebody wanting to talk about them. Just something about the bike.

Anyways thats my $.02 lol Hope everyone is having a good summer riding.

Keep the shiny side up.

Well...being the06vmaxer resurrected this one...might as well but my bit in...

Just turned 31, with wife (of 10 yrs) and child (1yr old daughter)...Have been interested in a Vmax since I came across it doing research on another couple of bikes...a Valkyrie Interstate and a Venture...ended up getting the Venture....after a year and a half or so later, came across the opportunity to get a 2nd bike and could think of no other....:punk:

And while I may be a bit on the younger side here with this crew....I am REALLY on the younger side with the Venture riders....hell, they threw up an age poll one time and they didn't even have a category for me ....they started at 35yrs....hehehe:biglaugh:

57 here. When I first saw a Vmax at a dealership back in the 80's I though they were kind of fugly lookin. Funny how things change. Bought my first one (89) about 7years ago. Kept it for three years and sold it to buy an FJR1300. I missed the Vmax and bought a 95 this year. Still have a FJR and am glad to be riding a vmax again.

GP

GPRider, I am going to be in the market in the next couple years for a FJR myself. I will still keep Redbone as my main rider but will use the FJR for longer runs. I signed up on FJR forums and see that your a regular poster there too. My handle on FJR forums is U.P. Rider.
Glad to have you back on a Vmax and here on VMF too! Welcome!:punk:

Good one G!! :clapping:

I think, if I read this correctly, on your next birthday you will either be old enough to vote, or old enough to retire!! :rofl_200:

Guess your math ain't so good, Dan-o.. :biglaugh:

Nowhere near retiring age, and being a registered alien, don't get to vote either LOL :ummm:

You have 2 more go's... :rofl_200:

I cant say I wanted one when it first came out...That would be a lie,I was not born yet.My name is Dakota,im 18 and have had my Max for just over a year.She came to me abused by "the guy that wanted one when it came out" and in poor shape all around...LITERALLY having to be thrown back together in his garage to ride it home and I since have made it my own.Its an 85 and has had more problems than any other bike weve owned.I saw an add for the 2nd gen V-Max on the cover of a magazine and became obsessed.I did my home work for months :surf:and new very well what I wanted,what I was going to do to it,and where the bike originated.I wanted the first year production model because I knew it was still very simple and I could work on it myself(I work on my machines and dont like the idea of taking it to a shop to have sombody else do it):th_k050: I have ridden since I was 9 years old AND AM MORE THAN CAPABLE OF HANDLING MY BIKE.This bike was not givin to me,not bought for me,and by no means was it a case of parents handing their kid a bike they were not ready for like you see so commonly.But here I am doing my best to make the original Max owners proud and Im HONORED to be a part of the V-Max community and im happy with where my Max has come from its beggining.Unfortunately I was just born a generation late I guess:confused2:.lol. Heres a before and after pic

Attachments

• Copy of l_04a00f7111b64d849f0b640396360e96.jpg
    Copy of l_04a00f7111b64d849f0b640396360e96.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Copy of l_56263d55647849c1abbc5e4dd0b339d3.jpg
    Copy of l_56263d55647849c1abbc5e4dd0b339d3.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMGA0324.JPG
    IMGA0324.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMGA0336.JPG
    IMGA0336.JPG