Vmax range solved

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02GF74

Reaction score
Now why didn't I think of that! (note one of the cans is cut in two and hinged for additional storage space).

1600168870557.png

Cannot spot the hinge. One is for fuel, the other for dry-storage, and so it matches the other? Guessing he's added another 3 gallons?

I see the diagonal line on the right can, I suppose that's a hinge of-which you're speaking? Was there any copy w/the pic to say that's what he did, convert the right can to a side-hinged, flip-open storage, and the left is fuel? Why would you want more-range on that bike with those dorky handlebars? Can you say, "I'm a human sail?" The hundred miles I get out of a tank of gas, with those bars, I'd probably want to-stop for a break before I used the OEM gas tank to reserve.

Strangely, I see the left tank has a wide ratchet strap, while that's missing on the right tank.

Last edited:
I have a pop-up to translate to English, it works to read the copy.

This photo should explains it all - quite well executed although I'm sure i have read about instances were the rear part of the frame snapped due to loading.

As for AH, not going there.

1600198116181.png

If there's no feed to the stock gas tank or into the fuel line, and you're just dumping your saddle-tank into the under-seat filler, why-not just use a flexible removable spout on the gas can, and empty it onto the OEM filler neck, instead of carrying a funnel? Is that some-sort of a satchel under the funnel?

A hose for siphoning would work as well and tale up less space. I'd be very surprised if there is anywhere over here where petrol stations are more than 100 miles apart - after all, this country is about 1/2 the size of Texas with 3x the population so not sparsely populated.

Yeah apes suck...period. They came about on rigid Harley's many (many!) moons ago as a way to pull yourself up in anticipation of a pothole/squirrel/etc...

Yeah apes suck...period. They came about on rigid Harley's many (many!) moons ago as a way to pull yourself up in anticipation of a pothole/squirrel/etc...
They're actually illegal in most states. If any part of the handle bar extends beyond the height of the shoulder, they're illegal.

Which of course leads to a lot of very upset bikers when they get pulled over and their bike gets impounded. They will NOT just give you a ticket and let you go. They'll impound the bike, have it towed and you have to pay for it plus the ticket.

OK, I had to put this one in. Apehangers.jpg

Not just some show bike, in-traffic! Missouri has a methamphetamine problem, this may-be all the proof you need.

It reminds me of this, especially in the event of a get-off.

Iron Maiden of Nuremberg.jpg

This photo should explains it all - quite well executed although I'm sure i have read about instances were the rear part of the frame snapped due to loading.

View attachment 72873
That explains it well
OK, I had to put this one in. View attachment 72879

Not just some show bike, in-traffic! Missouri has a methamphetamine problem, this may-be all the proof you need.

It reminds me of this, especially in the event of a get-off.

View attachment 72880
That bike is a whole new level of ridiculous

The reason Harley guys ride like that is to air out the pits and crotch at the same time, LOL.

That bike just looks awful and I cant imagine it being any fun to ride. When I was a kid, I made a set of "chopper" forks for a bicycle. While it looked cool(to a kid), It really handled horribly. When I started riding motorcycles and dirtbikes, I could not fathom that type of handling on something that did freeway speeds. Ape-hangers and extreme forward controls fell into that list as I saw people I personally knew ride those types of bikes.

I've been thinking about mounting an aluminum Moon gasser tank under the backrest rack. But so far I've only put 200 miles on my V-max in 7 months of ownership so not exactly a long hauler. Maybe once this virus crap is over I'll have some place to go.

View attachment 72873
By the time you refill with this setup, you could find a gas station, pee (or more) in a nice bathroom, and buy a snack.

Back