Vmax range solved

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bosozoku applied to motorcycles.

Here's a bosoku guy ready for the road, or for COVID.

bosozoku-motorcycle.01.jpg

Yes, that yellow H-D is an extreme of style, I cannot understand why someone would actually ride that! It looks to-be a death-wish on multiple levels. I can see that in a bike show, and riding it from a trailer to the show display area, but the unsafe nature of it boggles my mind.

The fellow in the COVID mask, with his SUzuki GS 400/450/500 actually has some decent lines on his bike. Lose the Dr. Seuss rear horns,

Dr. Seuss horns.jpg

the king & queen seat, the front wheel light stalk, the 'ape-hangers,' and choose a lower-mount for the headlight, and a more-integrated look mini-fairing, something like the EMGO style so-popular in the 1970's/early '80's, with its lines a nod to the Wes Cooley GS 1000 bikes, and you've got a good-looking bike. I like the side covers, I like the paint. And the operator is ready for acceptance by his fellow riders when he goes to Sturgis this year.

Dr Seuss motorcycle.png

By the time you refill with this setup, you could find a gas station, pee (or more) in a nice bathroom, and buy a snack.

Well it depends on what problem you're solving. My problem is I push it too far and run out of gas. This is better than the plastic whiskey bottle I keep full of gas in my bag.

I'm already sitting on a stick of dynamite under my ass, don't think I need a couple more at my back.

I've never heard of a rider burning to death or blowing up in a crash. I suppose it's possible. Usually the coroner is prying out pieces of the rider from a Buick grill.

He actually lived. Broke both his legs and got badly burned.

Now try to imagine he had a couple more gallons of gas right behind him to spill all over him.

He actually lived. Broke both his legs and got badly burned.

Now try to imagine he had a couple more gallons of gas right behind him to spill all over him.

That's good, I mean that he lived, I know quite a few not as lucky. If they would only make seatbelts mandatory on motorcycles. Just think of the lives saved. No, wait, I guess it doesn't work that way. Maybe bubble wrap jackets.

Airbag jackets are available for the public, they're used in competition.

if you are carrying a spare can of fuel you could put a face mask on it, that would make it safe 😁

How about a safe extra tank made from a fire extinguisher? I've squeezed 150 miles from a full tank a few times. But that's
about every drop available.

I've looked all over and can't find it, but the best gas tank mod I ever saw was a guy that used the air box area. He put an extra 1.5 gallons right on top of it (I think it used about 2 inches of the airbox height) and then he custom made a new tank cover for it.

It looked a lot like the air box cover had ram air on it because the air box was about 4 inches taller in the middle. It also had the gas cap on it for fueling.

It was definitely a custom job but it looked and worked amazingly well. I've looked for that thing for an hour and just can't find it anywhere.

I don't mind hopping off the bike every hundred miles or so. What I DON'T like is being out in the boonies, running dry and not knowing where the next station is or if it'll be open.

My Valkyrie (which obviously is my road bike) has a rather short range as well. Not a good thing when exploring back roads. Got into trouble in northeast New Mexico once. (Ghost Town exploration trip). It was a fairly easy recovery thanks to my buddy's 1800 Goldwing, but now I have a triangle shaped one-gallon cell that fits perfectly in the rear curve of a saddlebag. Gives me peace of mind...

Everything they make is outrageously expensive to the point of sheer stupidity.

Example: He sells a set of NGK IX spark plugs for $79.95.

You can pick up a set at Autozone for $32.00

Everything they make is outrageously expensive to the point of sheer stupidity.

Example: He sells a set of NGK IX spark plugs for $79.95.

You can pick up a set at Autozone for $32.00
Yep, it pays to shop. They do have a lot of interesting pieces.

Latest posts

Back