VMax Ride height.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vincent1jz

Reaction score
Ok putting my flame suit on for this one. How low can I lower my gen 1 VMax before running into issues with the shaft angle? Has anyone ever had an abnormally low Vmax?

The simplest way to drop the Vmax is shorter shocks front and rear. To the best of my knowledge.....that doesn't affect shaft angle at all. The stock shocks are 13 inches. I'm running 11.5's and have dropped the front forks also 1.5 inches.

The simplest way to drop the Vmax is shorter shocks front and rear. To the best of my knowledge.....that doesn't affect shaft angle at all. The stock shocks are 13 inches. I'm running 11.5's and have dropped the front forks also 1.5 inches.

Do you mean lowered the triple clamp 1.5in or using shorter internal springs?

Lowest we've done is 10.5" out back and 2.5" in the front. Shaft angle isn't as much of an issue as ground clearance.

Sean

My wife's has 11" Progressives 412s on back, internally lowered 1" forks aswell they are slid up 1" in triples. 17" FJR wheels with radials. Works great had this set up for 10+ years. Only issues riding 2 up rear wheel does hit front side of rear fender and fender well, because of wheel being off set to right don't recall it hitting with stock wheel.
It has a newer style 4-1 Hindle with front pipes running next to each other as opposed to stacked. She has drug the collector and front pipes.

If you are going to lower any farther in triples trim rear portion of front fender. A friend had his front fender get stuck in radiator grill.

Back