Vmax started running ruff again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagco1

Reaction score
Man few days ago I was out acting nuts with zx14 witch I had fun with the guy at a stand still waiting for a green light. Man any way got run down a pd blue and white he hit the light on a side street. I waiting for him to catch up. This hole or deal cost me $950.00 after everything was said and dun "O" to a few hours in jail and had to here the officer's making fun of me and how I had nice bike and that it was going up for auction and 1 of the officer's keep going back out side setting on my bike. And 1 other officer kelp saying he's going to have my bike at his house. When they let me go paid the fines. They had me be-leaving my bike was staying for good. I had to pick the bike up the next day. This hole thing slow me down on the street.

Now 2 days after all this, I took the bike for a ride here we going again motor started idling ruff after about 20 miles of nice easy riding.

Got the bike back home started going through everything again.

Man I did look at this to before.
Found the main fuse fried a little, and rusted a little the wiring.

I cut the old fuse holder out, ran a 10 gauge new 30amp fuse holder wiring and tap in the main wire red wire and ran the new fuse holder to the battery

I used heavy duty type cramp male and female to connect main red wire.
The main new fuse is mounted where the old was.

I check voltage motor temp 1/2 way fan and all lights on 14.2 Took the bike out for a ride everything runs very very good.

All new R1 r/r rectifier, pick up ssy, stator, install.

Attachments

• P1050924.jpg
    P1050924.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 44
  • P1050906.jpg
    P1050906.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 44
  • P1050905.jpg
    P1050905.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
That first pic of the main fuse wiring is where all my voltage drop came from. I'd done the crimp fix long ago. You really have to check the whole circuit for issues when bikes get old.
Sorry to hear about the bad time at the cop shop. The extra ball busting is typical from the local PD in some places. I'll remember that today when I go riding. I usually try to find a cager, on highways, that's speeding and draft him, hoping he gets lit up instead of me. No one goes the speed limit in this neck of the woods. Going 65mph is crawling on Ma. highways.

Bummer about the fines and trouble with the local juvenile delinquent badge toters. Too bad you couldn't have secretly video taped their BS and released it to the press later.

So, you DO have your bike running right again?

That first pic of the main fuse wiring is where all my voltage drop came from. I'd done the crimp fix long ago. You really have to check the whole circuit for issues when bikes get old.
Sorry to hear about the bad time at the cop shop. The extra ball busting is typical from the local PD in some places. I'll remember that today when I go riding. I usually try to find a cager, on highways, that's speeding and draft him, hoping he gets lit up instead of me. No one goes the speed limit in this neck of the woods. Going 65mph is crawling on Ma. highways.

Thanks sdt354, man $950.00 in fines They really could have run me in, well over 135 miles per hour. Never again on the street like that. There's over things I was going to buy for the bike to. I did go through the wiring last year but never really look hard at the main fuse holder. I went out today for a little ride man hands shacking a little at 65.

My voltage with all lights on brake light and fan to 14.2

Bummer about the fines and trouble with the local juvenile delinquent badge toters. Too bad you couldn't have secretly video taped their BS and released it to the press later.

So, you DO have your bike running right again?

Funny good 1, my wife took some pictures of me in the jail and the green out fit I had on. I told her not to take them. Can't find cell phone.

Back