Vmax, still faster than a speeding ticket

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
52 years ago or thereabouts I was tinkering with my buddy's Suzuki 124 dirt bike and took it for a test run through the neighborhood. I had welded up a tuner for it (no aftermarket tuners back then) so it was obnoxiously loud. I met a cop and decided I could lose him in a field about 1/2 mile away. The neighborhood streets were the typical waffle pattern and a 125 dirt bike was well suited to zig zag through there turning at every corner. I was doing pretty good at losing him until the last crossing at the field when I missed the approach and piled up in a shallow ditch. The officer was on me like stink on poop and gave me 4 tickets for speeding, no plate, no endorsement, failure to yield and had the bike towed. My mom had to accompany me in court as I was a minor and my dad was pretty annoyed !! That story still comes up every 5 years or so.

Back in the 80's. I sold a friend my 1978 Yamaha tt500. He went through everything. Had it looking and running great.
So 1 day he shows up at my door to show me his hard work.So I said let me take her for a spin.
I fire it up. Pull out of the driveway and head west.
As soon as I'm in the street. I Crack the throttle and pull a nice second gear wheelie.rode it till the stop sign. About a half a block.set down the front. Did a u turn.to do it again. Only to discover. When I pulled out of my driveway. I didn't see a police car coming down my street. He flags me down.( which at this point.he knows who I am)
So I stop. And he tells me.Take Steve his bike back.and don't let me see you do that on the streets again.
Ok,officer and off I went.

Back