VMax Tank Art

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Like the WW II planes in combat, with their pin-up artwork, called 'nose art,' because the pics were painted on the nose of the plane, I'm starting a thread for VMax tank art.

It's not important to me to only have it for the faux tank cover, though that's my intended focus. If you have some pieces with a theme, that's OK. Pics like Captain Kyle or Sean Morley have, of their paint jobs done on the bodywork pieces, off the bike, and laid-out, that's OK, too. Even pics of OEM paint, or the lack-thereof, what is called "patina" is OK. VMax Mad Max tank art.jpg
VMax Darth Vader tank art.jpg

I suspect this will be highly-entertaining. Here are a couple to start things.

Screenshot_20200331-102239_Chrome.jpg Not even in the same league, but here's a shot of a skin that I had on my old 94 for a while. Picked it up on a whim and my bike was already yellow, so I ran it like this for a season. Pulled it off after some guy at a bike run said it was a little juvenile for a Vmax. I agreed. The guy I sold it to was thrilled to get it. In fact, I think it might have been PatMax!

You tell a Tasmanian Devil he's 'juvenile.' I'll stand-back!
(dust cloud ensues, cannot see person making that statement about being 'juvenile')​

Kyle, I'm afraid to go to bed tonight, after seeing that blue ghoul. I think he might be under my bed! I hope my terrier gets him before he gets me!

I’ll see if I can find the pics of a Vmaxxer local to me. One is Ben Franklin theme and other is Pinhead “Hellraiser” theme.

Captain Kyle had a set I bought for a project. After safely storing the set , the tank fell and chipped it badly. Here is his repair.

Attachments

• Kyle Klegg Repair   6.jpg
    Kyle Klegg Repair 6.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 28
Captain Kyle had a set I bought for a project. After safely storing the set , the tank fell and chipped it badly. Here is his repair.

I bet that's some TN background from Captain Kyle's spread. He did a great job!

Patmax said:
I’ll see if I can find the pics of a Vmaxxer local to me. One is Ben Franklin theme and other is Pinhead “Hellraiser” theme.

Better watch out for the Cenobites! And whatever you do, don't pick-up the box!

"The box, I must-have the box!"
Hellraiser-pinhead-box.jpg

The only upgrade (still) I have done to the 05. love it
Credit to Tyler Hayworth, in Albany, Oregon.

Attachments

• B102E305-7DB5-4BE5-8FC9-455B78C9BB92.jpeg
    B102E305-7DB5-4BE5-8FC9-455B78C9BB92.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 6E352C7F-0655-4870-B0ED-C34801CA9DC9.jpeg
    6E352C7F-0655-4870-B0ED-C34801CA9DC9.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 38
  • BD06CED4-0784-4797-8EBA-5415EEEFA4FC.jpeg
    BD06CED4-0784-4797-8EBA-5415EEEFA4FC.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 36
The art is well-detailed, but not my style, the dragon/Xenia or whoever she is. The yellow tank is more traditional. Both good. Thanks Sean.

JT, that's tasteful and well-done. 'Tangerine Dream,' I like that color. I think orange or tangerine is one of the best colors on a bike, especially because black helps to set it-off.

thank you, I saw a similar colour on a custom car once and just had to have something like it

Look at the edge, looks like a stickie, not a decal. You should be able to feel the edge.

Latest posts

Back