Vmax temp

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMTATLANTA

Reaction score
I just bought a new 2015 VMAX and put around 250 miles on it over the weekend. Several times it got to exactly 3/4 on the temp gauge in Atlanta traffic. I'm pretty sure I heard the fans come on and it would return to 1/2. Since it doesn't tell me the actual water temperature, is this normal?

That IS NOT NORMAL AT ALL! You say you only got 250 miles while riding the first weekend on your new Gen II? That's practically unheard of! You should have gotten in at the very least 350-400 miles on a first weekend. ha!

That IS NOT NORMAL AT ALL! You say you only got 250 miles while riding the first weekend on your new Gen II? That's practically unheard of! You should have gotten in at the very least 350-400 miles on a first weekend. ha!

LOL!!!.. I know if I had a new 2015,, They would have to put out a search party for me.. Id be all over the place.. :biglaugh:

Thanks, does anyone know why the spare key looks so much different from the regular key and has the large head and a carrying case?

[QUOTEThanks, does anyone know why the spare key looks so much different from the regular key and has the large head and a carrying case?][/QUOTE]

Not sure.. Don't have a new 2015., but,,
You may have been handed a copy 1st..
That "spare", may actually be, the original from Japan.
If that's the case, I'd have to wonder why you did not get 2 originals. - But I'm paranoid like that :)

The key with the large head and very odd carrying case is considered to be the main key, I believe, while the single, thin blade key is the spare. I've no idea why they made such a fancy key/case combo - probably from the same brilliant Japanese engineering mind that put the f'king fugly brown paint on several parts and thought it looked great enough to remain on every Gen II sold through current...regardless of skins color. (IMO, hasn't looked good with any of the skins color so far.) And quite probably the same little dude that thought it a good idea to mail out non-matching #'s for the frame badges to original 2009 buyers -aggravating little chitt.

They only come with the one large key/case, and the other thin one. No bike I know of came with two of the large odd keys.

Ok, great. I wanted to make sure it wasn't like my ZR1 valet key with related performance enhancing or reducing abilities from key to key.

Yes the would just have someone waiting for you at the gas stations...

That's OK.. I'd still have a BIG ASS GRIN on my face, from the rush.. :eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back