VMAX THUNDER IN THE VALLEY- ROOM RATES AND INFO UPDATE

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevevmax69

Reaction score
IT IS OFFICIAL... THE ROOM RATES FOR THUNDER HAVE BEEN SET!. It was a lot of back and forth and more, over the past several weeks, but my continued efforts have paid off. I've been working directly with the hotel owner to discuss and plan everything. He has agreed to the very fair rate of only $79.99 +tx per night! The rate is the same for any nights during our event, with no increase for the weekend! This is even lower than they gave us last year, which I believe was $81 for weekdays and $94 for the weekend?(av-$88). The owner is on the same page with me, and is committed to the continued success of our event. This property is hands down the best fit for our event in every way. We will have all the good stuff like we usually do, to include Fri BBQ, AND Some bike contests are back, to INCLUDE THE BURNOUTS, Swap Meet, Games, Prizes, w/Big-a** Trophies this year, and lots of Giveaways! I will work directly with the property to block the rooms that you prefer, and to ensure only our group is in the entire back building, especially the back-back. Please hang tight as we work out the best reservation process and other logistics before you can make the reservation. We will be making the reservations directly with the property, not the main reservation department, with my input to keep it organized. I think it's actually possible for the entire hotel to be be all our group! The owner is making the rate available for all rooms we want, if we can book them before other travelers do. As of now, they are not taking reservations for that time frame, so let's fill up the entire place with our group, like we were able to do just a few years ago. Don't wait and be disappointed close to event. You can book now and cancel if you have to. We will have some awesome new rides and also the old standard breakfast places etc lol... I will post the schedule about 8 wks prior to event. *Please message me with any ideas and suggestions, and also to volunteer to lead a ride or other to help out. Remember, what makes this such an awesome event, aside from all the Vmaxes of course lol, is the really great people who attend! It's ultimately up to everyone to ensure the success and longevity of our event. I will work my tail off as always, even more so this year without Mike along side me, and cram the schedule full of fun stuff and choices, but it takes all of you to make it there. Please pass along the event info and cross post. We will have at least 4-5 new people this year as of now too! I am starting to get in touch with our vendors for their generous product donations. If you have any questions, please contact me, even anything about the reservations or hotel info. We are only about 15 weeks away at this point! If there is anyone who may truly need to get a cheap room, I also have rooms blocked at another local property. But it is best that everyone stays at same place, and this property is way nicer and recently fully renovated. The regular rate at this Red Roof Inn for that time of year is $142.99 night! Room choice is either a single king bed or two queen beds. This is also a No-Fee Pet Friendly Hotel!Screenshot_20230307-020043~4.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230306-234746.png
    Screenshot_20230306-234746.png
    691.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20230303-140848.png
    Screenshot_20230303-140848.png
    425.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230209-140444.png
    Screenshot_20230209-140444.png
    484 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20230206-184326.png
    Screenshot_20230206-184326.png
    401 KB · Views: 0
  • VID_1561921308940.mp4
    43.3 MB
  • VID_1561921274699.mp4
    26 MB
  • VID_1561921254176.mp4
    31.6 MB
Good luck, and that does seem like a very good room rate.
I hope many photos are taken and shared here afterwards.

IT IS OFFICIAL... THE ROOM RATES FOR THUNDER HAVE BEEN SET!. It was a lot of back and forth and more, over the past several weeks, but my continued efforts have paid off. I've been working directly with the hotel owner to discuss and plan everything. He has agreed to the very fair rate of only $79.99 +tx per night! The rate is the same for any nights during our event, with no increase for the weekend! This is even lower than they gave us last year, which I believe was $81 for weekdays and $94 for the weekend?(av-$88). The owner is on the same page with me, and is committed to the continued success of our event. This property is hands down the best fit for our event in every way. We will have all the good stuff like we usually do, to include Fri BBQ, AND Some bike contests are back, to INCLUDE THE BURNOUTS, Swap Meet, Games, Prizes, w/Big-a** Trophies this year, and lots of Giveaways! I will work directly with the property to block the rooms that you prefer, and to ensure only our group is in the entire back building, especially the back-back. Please hang tight as we work out the best reservation process and other logistics before you can make the reservation. We will be making the reservations directly with the property, not the main reservation department, with my input to keep it organized. I think it's actually possible for the entire hotel to be be all our group! The owner is making the rate available for all rooms we want, if we can book them before other travelers do. As of now, they are not taking reservations for that time frame, so let's fill up the entire place with our group, like we were able to do just a few years ago. Don't wait and be disappointed close to event. You can book now and cancel if you have to. We will have some awesome new rides and also the old standard breakfast places etc lol... I will post the schedule about 8 wks prior to event. *Please message me with any ideas and suggestions, and also to volunteer to lead a ride or other to help out. Remember, what makes this such an awesome event, aside from all the Vmaxes of course lol, is the really great people who attend! It's ultimately up to everyone to ensure the success and longevity of our event. I will work my tail off as always, even more so this year without Mike along side me, and cram the schedule full of fun stuff and choices, but it takes all of you to make it there. Please pass along the event info and cross post. We will have at least 4-5 new people this year as of now too! I am starting to get in touch with our vendors for their generous product donations. If you have any questions, please contact me, even anything about the reservations or hotel info. We are only about 15 weeks away at this point! If there is anyone who may truly need to get a cheap room, I also have rooms blocked at another local property. But it is best that everyone stays at same place, and this property is way nicer and recently fully renovated. The regular rate at this Red Roof Inn for that time of year is $142.99 night! Room choice is either a single king bed or two queen beds. This is also a No-Fee Pet Friendly Hotel!View attachment 88085
Sorry for the lengthy post with so much info to absorb and decipher lol .. The reservations cannot be made yet. But I I will take info from people wanting to book now especially for a specific room request. I can block off the rooms then. I will put together a list of the specific info I will need hopefully later today I'm at Dr appt right now. I will post it, then people can respond with their info and I will confirm with you. This will be done directly through me, then I will have the info put into the system by the hotel. That's the best bet for getting the room you want reserved now. Thanks

IT IS OFFICIAL... THE ROOM RATES FOR THUNDER HAVE BEEN SET!. It was a lot of back and forth and more, over the past several weeks, but my continued efforts have paid off. I've been working directly with the hotel owner to discuss and plan everything. He has agreed to the very fair rate of only $79.99 +tx per night! The rate is the same for any nights during our event, with no increase for the weekend! This is even lower than they gave us last year, which I believe was $81 for weekdays and $94 for the weekend?(av-$88). The owner is on the same page with me, and is committed to the continued success of our event. This property is hands down the best fit for our event in every way. We will have all the good stuff like we usually do, to include Fri BBQ, AND Some bike contests are back, to INCLUDE THE BURNOUTS, Swap Meet, Games, Prizes, w/Big-a** Trophies this year, and lots of Giveaways! I will work directly with the property to block the rooms that you prefer, and to ensure only our group is in the entire back building, especially the back-back. Please hang tight as we work out the best reservation process and other logistics before you can make the reservation. We will be making the reservations directly with the property, not the main reservation department, with my input to keep it organized. I think it's actually possible for the entire hotel to be be all our group! The owner is making the rate available for all rooms we want, if we can book them before other travelers do. As of now, they are not taking reservations for that time frame, so let's fill up the entire place with our group, like we were able to do just a few years ago. Don't wait and be disappointed close to event. You can book now and cancel if you have to. We will have some awesome new rides and also the old standard breakfast places etc lol... I will post the schedule about 8 wks prior to event. *Please message me with any ideas and suggestions, and also to volunteer to lead a ride or other to help out. Remember, what makes this such an awesome event, aside from all the Vmaxes of course lol, is the really great people who attend! It's ultimately up to everyone to ensure the success and longevity of our event. I will work my tail off as always, even more so this year without Mike along side me, and cram the schedule full of fun stuff and choices, but it takes all of you to make it there. Please pass along the event info and cross post. We will have at least 4-5 new people this year as of now too! I am starting to get in touch with our vendors for their generous product donations. If you have any questions, please contact me, even anything about the reservations or hotel info. We are only about 15 weeks away at this point! If there is anyone who may truly need to get a cheap room, I also have rooms blocked at another local property. But it is best that everyone stays at same place, and this property is way nicer and recently fully renovated. The regular rate at this Red Roof Inn for that time of year is $142.99 night! Room choice is either a single king bed or two queen beds. This is also a No-Fee Pet Friendly Hotel!View attachment 88085
*To Book Your Room Please Send Me The Following Info on Messenger-

~Full Name-
~Full Address-
~Email Address-
~Cell Phone #-
~Dates-(6/21,22,23,24,25?)
~Room Type- (Single/Double)
~Additional Guest(s) Name-
~Requests- (1st/2nd flr)(location?)
~Room# Requested? (If Available)
~Handicap Accessible Room?
~Main Vehicle License Plate #-
~Pet Info (If Applicable)

*I will get back to you within a day or two to confirm your reservation and requests. The hotel will need a CC on file about 4 weeks prior. They will reach out to you directly for that info.

Please do put several here. Maybe make a thread about it so they will show in the newsletter and old members may come back to see some photos. Many folks are getting off Facebook due to all the new rules, etc. We'd love to see them.
Im the event camera bug lol and take tons at each event. Usually post on Facebook. I have each year in a separate album online so can share from prior years too ☺️

Just in case anyone is concerned about making a reservation at this point with the Red Roof Inn currently closed, and you are worried about them being open for our event- please keep in mind it is still three months away, and I have been working with the owner directly. If for any reason it does not work out for Red Roof Inn, I have already made back up arrangements with two adjoining hotels in Somerset to have rooms available for our group, which I blocked at a special rate, and both are actually a little cheaper than Red Roof. Ideally we have it at the Red Roof, as that property definitely works best. We have about 15 rooms at one, and around 20+ at the other property. They sit right next to each other and have outside areas we have permission to use for our BBQ, contests, and more. It's better to be safe and book your room early as possible to get a great rate. You can always cancel if you need to, up until the day prior to check in, with no penalties. The more people that book their room further ahead, will give me a better idea of the head count and help with the planning overall. Once again, please contact me on messenger with any questions, ideas/input, to help with the event (maybe lead a ride,) and of course to book your room! Looking forward to another awesome event!!!

What does everyone think of lanyards with name tags?🤔
I for one have been going to this event for years, but not always able to place a name to the face, we have newer attendees most years and it would be nice for newer vmaxers to the group to know who you are talking too, lol
Is this something that would interest anyone else? 🤔
Sticky name tags fall off or some ppl just don’t like putting them on!
A tag with maybe a Vmax logo with there name, state, forum name or nickname, Gen 1 or 2? Sometimes I get home or get on the forum and think I think I should know this person, but do I? Lol
We could have them available at cost of the holders and landyards, bring your own if you have them, wear it for the event, bring it back the next time? Usually by Sunday you know who you are talking to, but next year you start all over. 😅
Something simple along the lines of the pic I posted below.
Does anyone have a buddy that could hook us up at a reasonable price, someone could design a simple logo or maybe we have sponsor within the Vmax community?
Just thinking of something new to help us make this an awesome memorial event!🏍

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    779.2 KB · Views: 1
I, for one, actually like this idea. We tried doing stick on tags at one of the BBQs and was tricky like you said they fall off and people stick on jacket but then take it off etc... I def have to think real quick what some people's names are especially when they are new to event. Also great for newbies to remember names of people. Prob have to leave blank space for name to be hand written in. You can get clear tag holders for very reasonable price and the tags can be designed and printed on someone's computer. They sell heavy weight tags/paper at any office store, and online. If we go through with this idea, do we have a volunteer to handle this? I can pay you for the costs incurred from money we get at thunder from raffles since won't be too much. So we don't even have to charge people for the tags. I think it would work out well...

To All:
Today 05/16/2023 I received notice from the Red Roof Inn Summerset PA corporate reservation office that they have CANCELED my reservation 06/20/2023 ~ 06/25/2023. Reason given was the hotel will be CLOSED during this period. Everyone attending the '2023 Thunder in the Valley will need alternate plans.

For those not on Facebook, Steve advised on Group Chat to book elsewhere ASAP. Reportedly we have a group rate at the Days Inn; Steve is working with the Manager, who will be back on Wednesday (5/17). If you can't find a room, Steve has a few reserved in his name. We'll be spread out but a full schedule, including a banquet on Saturday night.

To All:
Today 05/16/2023 I received notice from the Red Roof Inn Summerset PA corporate reservation office that they have CANCELED my reservation 06/20/2023 ~ 06/25/2023. Reason given was the hotel will be CLOSED during this period. Everyone attending the '2023 Thunder in the Valley will need alternate plans.

Latest posts

Back