Vmax update

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoLife

Reaction score
Hey guys, so the filling the tank with mostly seafoam only masked the symptoms, but I finally took the airbox off today and noticed one of the four breather hoses was off the carb in the third pic, also one of the carbs is cracked and the other carb is missing a chunk by the PAJ1, I found the metal piece inside the airbox. I also noticed one of the main jet air bleeds to be flooded or wet while the other 3 are dry? Im gonna do the shotgun I guess to try and fix the high rpm stutter again... Thanks guys I added pics below!

Attachments

• 639427429.jpg
    639427429.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 639427442.jpg
    639427442.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 639427573.jpg
    639427573.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 639427601.jpg
    639427601.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Breather hose loose isn't going to cause a problem. (I've been known to run without tubes at all)

The broken chunks in those jet towers is not going to be a real problem either. Looks like the PO was half gorilla.

The flooded jet is a problem. Could be float height.

Last edited:
Breather hose loose isn't going to cause a problem. (I've been known to run without tubes at all)

The broken chunks in those jet towers is not going to be a real problem either. Looks like the PO was half gorilla.

The flooded jet is a problem. Which one? PAJ1? Could be float height.
Yeah your right Desert its still doing the same thing, I just went out and made a shitty gopro video, its hard to even hear it...

Definitely needs a bit more attention. Idle is a bit off, almost sounds like running on three cylinders (pilot jet<s>). High RPM float could be anything. Carburetion possible, fueling, ignition. Hard to say.

Back