Vmax value - your opinion counts!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/mcy/2376753032.html

Hey guys,

I check craigslist all the time for deals and came across this wrecked vmax. NADA average is $3225 and he wants $3000. Dont you think thats a bit steep being its been in an accident and has damage evident?

Anyhow, what do you think this should be worth? Might just try to buy it to turn around for profit or sell off as parts.

Thanks......

If the damage is only cosmetic, and this is an if because although he points out the obvious damage I would think that you might find more once you start to disassemble it, I would think $3k wouldn't be a bad price. I would want to know what is going on with the subframe etc. though before I laid down the cash. It appears as though it was hit at an angle from the left rear so if the impact hit the grab rail it might have damaged the subframe under the rear seat. Of course it may be perfect and you would have an easy fixer upper.

Looks like it might have one of my seats on it (at least the front). Would need a better picture to be sure. You can part it out for that if needed but it would take some time.

Check close for damage, and then hit him with a lower number. I would think if you could get that for $2,500 you'd be sitting real pretty. $3k might not be bad, if the fender is the only real issues - won't know that until you get into it a bit more.

I think that sounds like a fair price, turn signals are cheap(mostly). The only thing is getting a fender and painting it could be a hassle.

If that's all that's wrong with it and you're really looking, i'd jump on it.

Looks decent, In this area $3500 gets you a similar bike without issue, so if you can fix it for Under $500 you have a good deal.

I happen to have a fender, inner fender, grab bars, taillight, & rear turn signals, fender is silver. It doesn't look like anything that can't be easily fixed, but see it running & driving, and look it over closely before parting with $$! Leave him with your phone # & your best offer, if someone else doesn't buy it for what he asks, you may get a call in a week. Call him back in 7 days. Or if you really like it, spend the $, good luck.

Latest posts

Back