Vmax values

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto2020

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I see Vmax prices all over the place on the web. Just wondering what is a fair price to pay for a 05-07 vmax , all original with less than 5k miles? I don’t mind paying a premium for a super clean bike but what is too much? Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers.

You can help us, to help you, by telling us where you live. City, state, add it under your screen name.

An expected price at the start of the riding season in NYS in April is gonna be different from the same bike in November, same place. Because of multiple factors, (end of the year/riding season, people out of work, selling-off their toys to survive) prices are likely going to be down, so a buyer's market. A stone-stock bike with relatively low miles is worth more-than a high-mileage bike which needs consumables: tires, brake pads, a battery, oil change, carbs cleaned, etc.

I'd say $3,000-$4,000 is probably where you would find a stock bike, with desireable accessories, for a 2005-'07; that could bump up a bit, but you never get what you paid for accessories at the time of sale. A bike w/more miles, well-maintained, and perhaps a few accessories, I would say at the $2,500-$3,000 range. You area may have different prices, maybe a bit-higher. These are person-to-person prices, anything at a business would probably be $1,000-$1,500 more, so on the top-end, that would be a $5,500 bike, low-miles, needing-nothing.

Thanks for your reply. I’m in Western new York. Besides New York ,I usually search Ohio, Pennsylvania for bikes. Recently I came across a few 05-06’s with less than 4K on them. Super clean all original. They were $5500 firm from private sellers.

$5500 for an 07 with that low miles on it is very fair. Blue Book on them in good condition is $5395.

Thank you for all your Vmax knowledge. I definitely narrowed it down to 05-07 yrs. just for the updates and color combos. I plan on keeping whatever I get for a long time so the nicer the better. If 5-5500 is fair , ok. Just making sure it’s not in the crazy zone.
Looking forward to joining the Vmax scene soon.

Is fair when both parties are satisifed with their transaction ? In 2018 I snagged a perfect 06 Gen 1 tradein with 3500 miles off a showroom floor. Due to its age, the dealer installed new tires and a new battery and I paid their asking price of $ 3500. It must of been fair because that's what they were asking, but I didn't think it was fair.....for them !! They only had it on the floor for a few days, so I don't think they were desperate yet about brooming it. They were not A Yamaha dealer and my guess is they just didn't want it in the showroom.

That’s called being at the right place at the right time. Smoking deal.

Back