Vmax verses the ZX14 !!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copilot777

Reaction score
Ok so yesterday .
I have a good friend of mine that has a 2007 ZX-14.
And rides it like a smaller sports bike . nothing for him to go by at 120 ,130, plus on the back wheel, needless to say the boy knows his bike .
So long story short ,I just completed my bike sat. and been out and about with it a lot , already changed my oil and have about 200 or so miles on it .
I set my top rev limiter to 8500 so I could respect my break in a little .
Oh yeah my Max is a 1986 !
MY FRIEND DECIDES TO PUSH AND PUSH ABOUT LINING UP WITH MY BIKE !!
So we did . sunday 2 different times .
dead stop to about 120.
I was very shocked of the outcome . My friend was very, very shocked .
The old outdated vmax (1986) Had pulled the all mighty Ninja ZX_14
not once but twice to 120 . we haven't tried to go any faster , we just agreed to 120 . soon once my max is completely broke in then I will lift my limiter to about 10,000 so I can tach what the ZX_14 does . believe it or not . not a stock vmax , but dollar for dollar we both spent the same amount , his bike 12,000$ and all together I spent 12,000$ :punk:

What is done to both bikes? I just went a 6.40 @ 117 through the 1/8th friday night, and i'm still learning my bike. My dad went a 6.05 @ 122 on mine while i was on deployment. If you're outrunning 14's then that's ONE BAD MOTHERFUCKER. I need to put 11,500 in my 500 dollar max :D lol.

What is done to both bikes? I just went a 6.40 @ 117 through the 1/8th friday night, and i'm still learning my bike. My dad went a 6.05 @ 122 on mine while i was on deployment. If you're outrunning 14's then that's ONE BAD MOTHERFUCKER. I need to put 11,500 in my 500 dollar max :D lol.
well his bike Zx-14 has the eliminator chip in it and after market exhaust ,
Mine I will post a picture for you , but it is now a 1300.
9:1 compression
dyna 3000
dyna coils
nology plugs , wires
set of sean morley rods , I am assuming pcw
slight head work , just polished mostly
60 ftlb torque head bolts
Um supercharged .
and of course busa calipers and r1 rotors , need to stop
kerker 4,2,1 with comp baffle
barnett pressure plate
and about 400 or so hours of my time into it .
I will post pics in a few minutes , thx jason:punk:
all my engine , I give full credit to Mr morley , for parts and knowledge thanks again

That is awesome, after all the work you put into your "old" bike you're able to line up with your friends "new" bike and win. I'm glad your back running and running well it seems!:thumbs up:
My brother has a '03 FZ1 and likes to rub it in a bit that he can take me. I really don't care too much because Redbone is unique, beats hardley's and I have put a bunch of work into it to make it mine. I'm not a big fan of bikes with fairings as they seem to have no character unless the put some stickers on it. (lol) But, when I get my FJR in the future I'll probably have to eat some major crow!:bang head:

That is awesome, after all the work you put into your "old" bike you're able to line up with your friends "new" bike and win. I'm glad your back running and running well it seems!:thumbs up:
My brother has a '03 FZ1 and likes to rub it in a bit that he can take me. I really don't care too much because Redbone is unique, beats hardley's and I have put a bunch of work into it to make it mine. I'm not a big fan of bikes with fairings as they seem to have no character unless the put some stickers on it. (lol) But, when I get my FJR in the future I'll probably have to eat some major crow!:bang head:
Thats what makes the vmax , the possibilities .
and the ability to do many things that everyone hasn't already done :punk:

Thats what makes the vmax , the possibilities .
and the ability to do many things that everyone hasn't already done :punk:

On a recent edition of Super Bikes, Jason Parten was running on a stock 14, and consistently ran very close to 10-flat in the quarter. If your buddy's VMax is in that ballpark, it is indeed a bad bike.

I beat a Hayabusa Twin Turbo Yesterday also. Saturday I raced a Jet Car at the dragstrip and beat it also, just glad he didnt go around me I would have roasted nuts.
Ohh Friday, I was racing this ZX-14RRRR Supaaa R with Kniferous and I said lets race to 160 he was like are ya sure :ummm: Hell yeah I said, we took off and I didnt see him the whole race, Yeah these VMAX's are very fast...

Ohh I forgot to mention all the riders of these bikes didnt have a left foot so they just kept it in 1st gear

On a recent edition of Super Bikes, Jason Parten was running on a stock 14, and consistently ran very close to 10-flat in the quarter. If your buddy's VMax is in that ballpark, it is indeed a bad bike.
According to what he posted it should be a "bad bike"!:punk:
Copilot wrote - "Mine I will post a picture for you , but it is now a 1300.
dyna 3000
dyna coils
nology plugs , wires
Um supercharged .
barnett pressure plate"

Ohh well if it supercharged with high boost than yeah, if he can ride with it hooking up, than yeah its possible. Wasnt aware that is was supercharged
A zx-14R is a 9.80's bike factory with a rider. I havent seen many VMAX well none to think of it get into the 9's street bike anyways.

According to what he posted it should be a "bad bike"!:punk:
Copilot wrote - "Mine I will post a picture for you , but it is now a 1300.
dyna 3000
dyna coils
nology plugs , wires
Um supercharged .
barnett pressure plate"
pics , :punk:

Attachments

• IMG_1235 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1235 (Medium).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1236 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1236 (Medium).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1238 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1238 (Medium).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1244 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1244 (Medium).jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1249 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1249 (Medium).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1252 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1252 (Medium).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1254 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1254 (Medium).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 29
forgot a pic, of regulator placement , r1 regulator

Attachments

• IMG_1256 (Medium) (2).jpg
    IMG_1256 (Medium) (2).jpg
    89 KB · Views: 75
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Way 2 go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neil

Get that thing to the track for some ET's. Congrats on the kill!
will be soon on the track , just few more things to buy , a tether , full leathers and a snell approved helmet , Now comes the begging my wife part , to convince here i need to spend another 600$ or so , lol:bang head:

Hey Nice Job on your VMAX! Looks great! I bet it sounds awesome with that supercharger whining! :clapping:
When you decide to put some gauges on it to monitor all the vitals of the engine let me know.

Hey Nice Job on your VMAX! Looks great! I bet it sounds awesome with that supercharger whining! :clapping:
When you decide to put some gauges on it to monitor all the vitals of the engine let me know.
I would love to have some gauges , now I just need to talk to wife to spend more money, you will be the one I goto for the gauge setup . Thanks for the compliment of my motorcycle , and yes it does sound wicked , looking into a alcohol wet jet system to cool the intake air also , so I can gain a few more ponies

It sounds like a good solid setup, nothing to radical but some goodies involved. Keep us updated on the setup. Sounds like its very strong. How are you transferring the power to the ground, Drive Axle Stock or heavy duty:ummm: What size rear wheel with kind of tire?

Let me know on the gauges, I can build to your needs. meaning what gauges you want as long as they are 2 1/8 smaller, let me know when your ready and I will send you all the gauges that are made to do a triple gauge setup in your OEM cluster. Along with other warning LEDS such as low oil pressure, EGT temps.
I am currently working on an Autometer Monster Tach with an External Shiftlite for Kloker converting the pulses to work. The Autometer is simple the Autogage has been challenging but we will get it to work.

It sounds like a good solid setup, nothing to radical but some goodies involved. Keep us updated on the setup. Sounds like its very strong. How are you transferring the power to the ground, Drive Axle Stock or heavy duty:ummm: What size rear wheel with kind of tire?

Let me know on the gauges, I can build to your needs. meaning what gauges you want as long as they are 2 1/8 smaller, let me know when your ready and I will send you all the gauges that are made to do a triple gauge setup in your OEM cluster. Along with other warning LEDS such as low oil pressure, EGT temps.
I am currently working on an Autometer Monster Tach with an External Shiftlite for Kloker converting the pulses to work. The Autometer is simple the Autogage has been challenging but we will get it to work.
so far stock driveshaft no problems as of yet, 170, 15 dunlop not to great for transferring power to the ground , drag shocks , and front end lowered 1.5 " I may run into a driveshaft problem when I do get the bike to hook up better , not sure as of yet . will keep you posted though . I have a autometer tach with shiftlight that I would pay you money for the knowledge to make it compatible to my max . when I hooked it up I only get half tach readings , 4000 rpm showing 2000 etc, etc i tried diodes , all types of shit but nothing yet , Thx again ,Jason:confused2:

By the way, I forgot to ask you how the brakes felt? With your new power you will be able to even give them a surprising run above 120 too!

Sean

Latest posts

Back